EA Also Making Changes to NFS Payback Progression System
Ron Perillo / 2 years ago
Following an internet-wide outcry, Electronic Arts has recently made changes to their Star Wars Battlefront II progression system. It included lowering the requirement cost to just 75% less of what it originally was. Plus, they have now removed all in-game purchases entirely, after reportedly getting a call from Disney CEO Bob Iger himself. That last part is completely understandable as Disney wants to manage the damage before the next Star Wars movie The Last Jedi comes out in December. Now it appears that EA is also making some changes to the progression system on their other big AAA title, namely Need for Speed Payback.
NFS Payback Progression Update
Posting via the /r/Need for Speed subreddit, they are informing fans of the following changes:
- Increased the amount of REP awarded by taking part in events.
- Increased the amount of Bank awarded by taking part in events.
- Bait crates now reward increased REP.
- Bait crates now reward increased Bank.
- Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased REP.
- Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased Bank.
- Air Suspension will now appear more frequently within Shipments.
- Slightly increased REP and Bank for finishing an event outside of first place.
These changes follow shortly after they have already decreased the time it takes for new parts to appear in shops from 30 mins to 10 mins. The rate of which parts reward are given within ranked speedlists have also been recently increased. Moreover, EA states that these changes are just ‘phase one’ of further tweaks coming. As usual, they are reminding fans that community feedback is important, just like with Star Wars Battlefront II.