EK unveils the EK-TIM Indigo Xtreme
Andy Ruffell / 6 years ago
EK is well known for its waterblocks and liquid cooling solutions. The company is now offering a somewhat unique product with the new EK-TIM Indigo Xtreme.
EK-TIM Indigo Xtreme is an Engineered Thermal Interface (ETI) that is placed between a CPU lid and water block (or heat sink) to keep CPUs cooler. It is basically similar to thermal grease but unlike the various greases, metallic thermal interface pads or liquid metal alloys, the Indigo Xtreme is a self-contained and sealed structure which deploys a Phase Change Metallic Alloy (PCMA) which reflows and fills surface asperities on the CPU lid and heat sink.
The high thermal performance achieved by this new solution is obtained through the optimized deployment of molten, oxide-free PCMA, providing low contact resistance and low bulk resistance in addition to being void-free and robust.
High Thermal Performance:
- Bulk thermal conductivity >20 W/mK
- Lowest overall thermal resistance of any TIM available today
- Superior performance right out of the gate
- Fully sealed structure – no mess or migration
- Most consistent performance – applies the correct amount of alloy every time
- Laser-cut precision
- Fully compatible with copper and aluminum surfaces
- Peel-and-stick application
- Easy clean up – just peel to remove
Accessories included with the product:
- two EK-TIM Indigo Xtreme applicators
- one Indigo Xtreme Thermal Surface Cleaner
- one pair of powder-free nitrile gloves
- cleanroom-grade dry wiper cloths
- installation manual
One thing worth noting with this new solution is that it’s a single use product and is specific for each socket, so you cannot just apply one on any type of socket.
Available right now from the EK Webshop, you can get the EK-TIM Indigo Xtreme for the Intel LGA 1155/1156/1366 as well as AMD AM3/FM1 for the price of €18.95, while an Intel LGA 2011 version is also available for the price of €21.95.
Source: Press Release