EKWB Offer Free LGA 1700 Upgrade Kits for EK-Quantum Velocity Water Blocks
Mike Sanders / 2 years ago
Following the recent launch of Intel’s new and upcoming Alder Lake-S processors, custom loop cooling specialist EK (EKWB) has announced that they will be offering their customers a free LGA 1700 upgrade kit for their highly popular EK-Quantum Velocity² cooling solutions. And, in addition, all future retail versions of the water block should now include the LGA 1700 kit as standard!
EKWB – Free LGA1700 Upgrade Kits!
Technically speaking, the contact plate on the cooling solution is already more than suitable for the Alder Lake-S processor. As such, the upgrade kit essentially comprises of a brand new backplate to help ensure you can install your EK-Quantum Velocity² on top of your shiny new Intel Alder Lake-S processor without any hassle.
The mounting hole pattern on LGA 1700 socket-based motherboards is 78 x 78 mm, but some motherboards are equipped with dual mounting holes, also supporting a 75 x 75 mm pattern, meaning that all LGA 115x and LGA 1200 cooling solutions are compatible.
EKWB has confirmed that owners of the following models qualify for the free upgrade-kit:
- EK-Quantum Velocity – Copper + Plexi
- EK-Quantum Velocity – Nickel + Plexi
- EK-Quantum Velocity – Nickel + Acetal
- EK-Quantum Velocity D-RGB – Nickel + Plexi
- EK-Quantum Velocity D-RGB – Nickel + Acetal
- EK-Quantum Velocity D-RGB – Nickel + Frosted Plexi
- EK-Quantum Velocity D-RGB – Full Nickel
- EK-Quantum Velocity Strike D-RGB – Black Nickel + Black
- EK-Quantum Velocity Strike D-RGB – Matte Black + Silver
- EK-Quantum Velocity Honor D-RGB – Black Nickel + Stars & Stripes
- EK-Quantum Velocity Honor D-RGB – AMD Black Nickel + Stars & Stripes
- EK-Classic CPU Water Block 115x/20xx D-RGB
You Might Want to Act (Fairly) Quickly!
The free LGA 1700 backplate is a limited period offer and will expire on May the 1st, 2022. after which the backplate will be sold as a regular water block spare part at a symbolic retail price. The free LGA 1700 backplates can also be ordered at reseller partners. – If you do, therefore, already own an EK-Quantum Velocity² but perhaps are not quite yet ready for Alder Lake-S, it still seems advisable to claim your socket kit while they are offering it for free!
Should you wish to learn more, you can check out the official EKWB LGA1700 upgrade kit website via the link here!
What do you think? – Let us know in the comments!