Enermax MODU87+ 800W Modular Power Supply Unit Review
Andy Ruffell / 7 years ago
Enermax have been in the market for quite some time and have earned their rightful place as a market leader when it comes to power supplies offering up units suitable for every type of system. With entry level 350W power supplies to 1250W premium class sporting 80 Plus efficiency ratings, you’ll be hard pressed to fault their product selection.
Once you’ve decided on the amount of juice needed to power your rig, you then have more choice as to what style of power supply you’d like from a fixed cable solution to the more favoured modular. With all this in mind, you also have to think about price.
Today sees us taking a look at the Modu87+ 800W power supply with its 80PLUS gold certification aimed at users wanting the very best features and the cleanest form of power.
Taken from the Enermax website:
Enermax Technology Corporation was founded in Taiwan in 1990 and today is one of the leading manufacturers of PC components (power supplies, PC cases, cooling fans, keyboards, HDD enclosures and other peripherals). Since 2000 the head quarter is located in Taoyuan, Taiwan.
Six subsidiaries and numerous affiliates around the world provide an excellent network for ODM/OEM and retail business. Enermax has subsidiaries in Germany, France, Italy, USA, Japan and China. Worldwide, over 600 employees work for Enermax. Since 2004, the Enermax Technology Corporation is listed at the Taiwanese stock exchange.
- 80PLUS® GOLD
- 87 to 93 percent efficiency @ 230V and 20 to 100 percent load. 80PLUS® Gold certified
- Dynamic Hybrid Transformer Topology
- Technological breakthrough topology using a staged dynamic transformer array for extremely high efficiency with the most durable and stable output at any load
- Intel ATX12V v2.3
- Compliant with latest desktop power supply design guide. Full support of most current CPU: Intel® Core 2 Duo / Quad / Extreme / i7 / i5 / i3 and AMD® Athlon 64X2/X4 or Phenom X3/X4
- Stable and reliable power
- Up to four high-performance and massive 12V rails. Extremely low ripple noise
- Future ready and flexible
- All-round modular cable management. 10/12P sockets for possible connector changes of upcoming high-performance CPU and graphics card generations
- DXXI ready!
- Full support of most current DX11 graphics cards due to minimum two 6+2P (8P) PCI-E connectors
- Full graphics power
- Supports SLI and CrossFireX systems
- C6 & Hybrid Support
- Supports energy saving modes of current and future CPU & GPU generations (C6 & Hybrid Mode) due to ZERO LOAD Design (no minimum load)
- Fit4Server (only Modu87+ 800/900W)
- SSI PSDG 2009 Support for latest Intel® and AMD® processors. Downward compatible with SSI PSDG 2008 1.0, EPS12V 2.92, 2.91 and 2.8
- Air Cooling by Enermax
- Integrated 13.9cm fan with patented Twister Bearing Technology ensures efficient and ultra silent cooling and long lifetime (100,000 hours MTBF)
- Unmatched 330RPM at low loads. Path breaking and leading patented fan control for optimal cooling and minimum noise (Modu87+ 800/900W: 700-1.800RPM)
- Keeping PSU fan running for 30-60 seconds after shut down to dissipate the remaining system heat and prolonging system lifetime
- Hybrid Capacitor Array
- High-performance capacitor array of heavy-duty solid state capacitors and Japanese electrolytic capacitors to ensure tightest DC stability and regulation
- Industry-leading octuple protection circuitry of OCP, OVP, AC UVP, DC UVP, OPP, OTP, SCP & SIP
- Fixing the AC cord tightly to avoid accidental shutdowns of your PC
- Non-stop @ 50°C
- Non-Stop industrial class performance at 50°C ambient
- Worldwide Compatibility
- 100-240V AC input with automatic adjustment and up to 99% active Power Factor Correction (PFC) for global usage
- ENERGY STAR 5.0 ready!
- Support computer system to meet ENERGY STAR 5.0 standard.
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 500/600/700W: 150mm x 86mm x 160mm / 800/900W: 150mm x 86mm x 175mm
- 5 years vendor warranty