Eurocom Launches Neptune 4W 17.3-Inch Mobile Workstation
Bohs Hansen / 7 years ago
Eurocom has launched the 17.3-inch Neptune 4W professional grade, fully upgradeable and high performance Mobile Workstation equipped with NVIDIA Quadro graphics and up to Intel Core i7- 4940MX Extreme Processor, 32 GB memory and up to a whopping 6.5 TB of storage. Now that’s what I call a mobile workstation.
“Eurocom developed the Neptune 4W, the fourth generation of workstation hardened Neptune’s, for professionals that desire one system to handle their entire workload. The Neptune 4W is powerful enough and combined with a large 17.3” display can replace your desktop, while mobile enough to take nearly anywhere.” Mark Bialic, Eurocom President.
You can even choose what level of graphics power you need, and the power consumption that comes along with that choice. Eurocom offers you the choice between four NVIDIA Quadro cards, the K5100M 8GB with 1536 CUDA and 100W, the K3100M 4GB with 768 CUDA and 75W, the K2100M 2GB with 576 CUDA and 55W, and lastly the smallest K1100M 2GB with 384 CUDA cores and a TDP of 45W.
The Neptune 4W has a 17.3-inch matte or glossy display with high Gamut and contrast to provide the best image quality as well as professional display calibration out of the box. To keep all your valuable data you create on this workstation safe, the Neptune 4W comes with a triangle of security measures. The basic Kensington Lock prevents physical theft, the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) protects certificate keys while the biometric fingerprint reader can keep unauthorized people out of the system.
Neptune 4W Specifications:
- Display: 17.3-inch FHD 1920-by-1080 with Glossy (Glare) or Matte (Non-Glare); LED Backlit
- Chipset: Intel Mobile HM87 Express Chipset (Haswell)
- Processor: 4th Generation; up to Intel Extreme Edition i7-4940MX
- VGA Technology: NVIDIA Quadro: K5100M, K3100M, K1100M; MXM 3.0b; up to 100W; Optimus with Turbo Boost 2.0
- Storage: up to 5 drives; 1st and 2nd HDD/SDD (SATA 6Gb/s; 3rd HDD/SDD via ODD Bay (SATA2); 4th and 5th mSATA (SATA3); RAID 0/1/5/10; support Smart Response Technology (SRT)
- Optical Drive: DVD-Burner; Blu-Ray Burner, or 3rd HDD
- Keyboard: Illuminated backlit full-size keyboard with touchpad
- Audio System: External 7.1CH audio output headphone, microphone, S/PDIF and Line-in port; Sound Blaster X-FI MB3; two built-in Speakers + Subwoofer; ANSP 3D Sound via headphone output
- Ports: DisplayPort 1.2; HDMI out; Mini Display 1.2; 1x eSATA/USB 3.0; 3x USB 3.0 (1x Powered USB AC/DC); 1x USB 2.0; S/PDIF; Headphone; Mic; Line-in; Firewire-400; RJ45 (LAN)
- Weight and dimensions: 4.1kg; WxDxH 414x286x25.3-46.1mm
Thanks to Eurocom for providing us with this information
Images courtesy of Eurocom