Eurocom Ships the World’s Most Powerful 3D On-the-Go 12 lbs Notebook
Peter Donnell / 7 years ago
The EUROCOM Panther 4.0 is available as a 3D enabled system or a non 3D system. Supporting 3D technology provides users with an immersive 3D experience in games, movies, and any content with built in depth.
“The Panther 4.0 3D is here, a system that offers the power of 580M SLI with the enhanced viewing capability of NVIDIA 3D vision, to give our customers exactly what they want” says Mark BIalic, Eurocom President.
The Panther will also support Quad Buffering 3D technology, via supported NVIDIA Quadro cards, an MXM 3.0b interface with the ability to support two 100 W GPUs in AMD CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI. The newest and most powerful AMD Radeon, NVIDIA GeForce and NVIDIA Quadro graphics processors are supported.
It uses quad channel memory, and enables support for up to 32 GB of DDR3 1600 MHz RAM via four 8 GB SODIMM 204 pin modules. With such massive amounts of RAM available, the Panther becomes a great tool for virtualization and server class environments.
The Eurocom Panther 4.0 supports complete line of Intel LGA2011 processors, consisting of Intel Core i7, Intel Core i7 Extreme and Xeon processors. The three types of processors offer customers various levels of computing capabilities. The Panther 4.0 is the world’s first Sandy Bridge-E notebook with a full X79 chipset using the LGA2011 socket.
“For our professional clients using our Mobile Workstations with NVIDIA Quadro GPUs, support for Quad buffered 3D technology gives them a great 3D experience on a mobile super computing platform” explains Mark Bialic.
Available Video Technology in Panther 4.0:
- Modular MXM 3.0b; supports both SLI and CrossFireX
- NVIDIA GeForce: GTX 580M, GTX 560M;
- NVIDIA Quadro: 5010M, 4000M, 3000M;
- AMD Radeon: HD 6990M, HD 6970M;
- CORE LOGIC: Intel X79 Express Chipset
- BIOS: Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI); AMI
- PROCESSOR: up to Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme(3.30 GHz, 15 MB L3 cache)
- MEMORY: up to 32 GB; DDR3-1333/1600/1866; four physical memory sockets
- EXPANSION: Built-in ExpressCard 34/54 slot
- STORAGE: up to 4 TB of storage with four physical SSD, Hybrid or HDD, RAID 0/1/5/10 support;
- I/O PORTS:
- 3x USB 3.0
- 2x USB 2.0
- Firewire-400 (TI XIO2221ZAY)
- Display Port v1.2
- DVI-I (SL)
- HDMI 1.4a out w/HDCP
- S/PDIF out
- RJ-45 / LAN
- COMMUNICATION: built-in 10/100/1000 Mb Base-TX Ethernet LAN (Intel 82579V); WLAN (optional); Bluetooth v2.1+EDR (optional); 2M Video Webcam (built-in)
- SECURITY: TPM 1.2; Fingerprint, Kensington Lock
- KEYBOARD: Illuminated full-size with separate numeric keypad; with three customizable lighting areas and seven optional colours; W/A/S/D gaming key; built-in touchpad with multi-gesture and scrolling functions; 6 touch Sensor instant buttons: Volume Up/Down, Mute, WLAN, BT, Webcam
- WEIGHT/DIMENSIONS: 5.5 kg (12.1 lbs); 419 (W) x 286 (D) x 57.9-62.1 (H) mm (16.76 x 11.44 x 2.31-2.48 inch)