European Trademark Filed For Fallout 4, Strange Countdown Website Appears
Peter Donnell / 4 years ago
The hype for the next Bethesda RPG is now in full swing. It all started earlier this week when a secretive website gone online at thesurvivor2299.com, featuring a countdown and some secretive morse code and a fancy logo. Now it looks like our suspicions are confirmed as Bethesda apply for a Fallout 4 European trademark.
Of course it is all still just a bit of rumour, speculation and beyond. The Fellout 4 European trademark is currently under review and should complete the process in a few days, perhaps revealing little more information about its self when it is approved.
With the VGX awards on the 7th of December we are hoping to see some kind of reveal at the show, but with The Elder Scrolls Online being Bethesdas only main title at this time, as well as plenty of other leaky rumours about the Fallout over the last few months, it would be crazy to think this count down was anything else.
What we know so far;
- The .mp3 file can be accessed at this address which incidentally references the Connecticut city of Bridgeport.
- Another file on the server (commented out currently), fall-river-6191da7f11n.mp3, references the city of Fall River south of Boston and east of Bridgeport.
- Another file has been added (commented out as well), hanscom-msg-52862c3e7a30e.mp3, referring (apparently) to Hanscom AFB, Massachussets.
- The domain registrant is ZeniMax Media Inc. The same spelling of the registrant, data, and even contact information are used for the main Bethesda Softworks domain (bethsoft.com). GoDaddy domain data.
- This isn’t unprecedented. The Warlords of Draenor domain was registered by Blizzard through GoDaddy as well. Thanks to Rob O’Neill for pointing that out.
- The cascading style sheet references the Monofonto font used in Fallout 3s interface.
- A div at the bottom of the page is noted as pointing towards Bethesda Softworks’ own YouTube profile.
- A Tumblr account that’s related to this page (it seems) has been uncovered on Reddit.
- Additionally, an overlooked point is that the site has now experienced massive traffic and is still up. As Rob O’Neill (thanks again, man) points out, this indicates that whomever operates the site clearly has the funds to pay for the bandwidth and traffic.
- As per GameInformer: “We heard back from Bethesda regarding TheSurvivor2299.com. The publisher declined to comment on this rumor as per policy.” (from veryblackraven)
Thank you Fallout Gamepedia for providing us with this information.