EVGA GeForce GTX 780 6GB SC Graphics Card Announced
Peter Donnell / 4 years ago
EVGA are one of the most popular GPU manufacturers on the planet, and this morning they’ve taken action to remind us all why with the annoucnement of their latest bit of hardware for the GeForce GTX 780 range. The new EVGA GeForce GTX 780 6GB card feature 2,304 processing cores, 6GB of high-speed GDDR5 memory and NVIDIA GPU Boost 2.0 technology, making it an ideal choice for high-resolution, high-performance gaming.
The EVGA GeForce GTX 780 6GB is tuned to perform better than ever along side the Nvidia GeForce experience software, as well as with feature such as PhysX and TXAA. Not only does it represent one of the greatest cards EVGA have ever put together, but if you’ve bought an EVGA graphics card within the last 90 days, you can grab this one via their step up program by paying the difference. The new 6GB cards from EVGA will be available soon at a starting MSRP of $549.99, but more details on the actual release date are on their way.
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 6GB Features:
- 6GB of high-speed GDDR5 memory designed for the latest games at high resolution.
- EVGA ACX Cooling (select SKU’s) – Double ball bearing fan design offers 15% lower GPU and Memory temperatures.
- NVIDIA G-SYNC Ready – The EVGA GeForce GTX 780 lineup has full support for NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology.
- NVIDIA GPU Boost Technology 2.0 – Dynamically maximizes clock speeds to push performance to new levels and bring out the best in every game.
“EVGA is also introducing a brand new cooling design; the redefining EVGA ACX Cooler. With a 40% increase in heatsink volume, the EVGA ACX is more efficient at dissipating heat, allowing for 15% lower GPU temperatures. A reinforcement baseplate maintains a straight PCB, and helps lower mosfet temperatures by 7% and memory by 15%. Even the fan blades are of the highest quality; with a 700% increase in strength, and 25% lower weight when compared to competitors. This makes the fans 20% more efficient by requiring lower power levels. EVGA is also using double ball bearing fans which offer a 12 year lifespan, 4X longer when compared to competitors!” said EVGA in a recent press release.
- Base Clock: 967 MHZ
- Boost Clock: 1020 MHz
- Memory Clock: 6008 MHz Effective
- CUDA Cores: 2304
- Bus Type: PCI-E 3.0
- Memory Detail: 6144MB GDDR5
- Memory Bit Width: 384 Bit
- Memory Speed: 0.33ns
- Memory Bandwidth: 288.38 GB/s
- Height: 4.376in – 111.15mm
- Length: 10.5in – 266.7mm
- NVIDIA PhysX technology
- NVIDIA SLI Ready
- NVIDIA SMX Engine
- NVIDIA GPU Boost
- NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync
- NVIDIA Surround
- Supports four concurrent displays
- Microsoft DirectX 11.2 API (feature level 11_0)
- with Direct Compute 5.0 support
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Ready***
- NVIDIA CUDA Technology
- PCI Express 3.0 Support
- OpenGL 4.4 Support
- OpenCL Support
- NVIDIA FXAA Technology
- NVIDIA TXAA Technology
- NVIDIA PureVideo HD Technology
- NVIDIA G-Sync Ready
- 600 Watt or greater power supply with a minimum of 42 Amp on the +12 volt rail.****
- PCI Express, PCI Express 2.0 or PCI Express 3.0 compliant motherboard with one graphics slot.
- An available 6-pin PCI-E power connector and an available 8 pin PCI-E power connector
- Windows 8 32/64bit, Windows 7 32/64bit, Windows Vista 32/64bit, Windows XP 32/64bit
The new card certainly sounds like a pretty awesome bit of hardware, and will no doubt prove popular with the gaming masses upon its release. Stay tuned for more information over the coming days and weeks as the official release date is revealed.
Thank you EVGA for providing us with this information.
Image courtesy of EVGA.