Explore The Horizon Update Announced For Forza Horizon 5, With Photo Mode Upgrades
Jakob Aylesbury / 2 weeks ago
Playground Games has announced the latest update for Forza Horizon 5, Explore The Horizon bringing new and improved photo mode features, pathfinder accolades and overlanding modifications.
Updated Photo Mode
Those of you who enjoy taking pictures of your cars will be happy to hear of the new upgrades that are being brought to the in-game photo mode. The key new improvements allow you to change the time of day and weather from sunrise to midnight, from rain and fog to clear sunny days. No more will you have to wait for the perfect weather conditions and time to achieve the ideal shot. Users will also be able to adjust the position of their character inside the car and outside of the car in various poses and character emotes.
In terms of UI and photo settings, the guidelines have received new options allowing you to disable them, and use different aspect ratios, 9×9 grids and golden ratios. Photo presets have also been added to the effects menu meaning you can save your favourite settings and easily reuse them without having to tinker to find them every time you want to take a photo. Finally there is also a portrait mode toggle allowing you to view your photo in portrait view.
With the recent Rally Adventure expansion a new overlanding modification was introduced for the 2022 Ford F-150 lightning and now these customisation options which set you up for “car camping” have been introduced to 16 additional trucks in the game.
- 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
- 1972 Chevrolet K-10 Custom
- 2019 DeBerti Ford Super Duty F-250 Lariat ‘Transformer’
- 2020 Ford Super Duty F-450 DRW Platinum
- 2019 Ford Ranger Raptor
- 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor
- 2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
- 1986 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
- 2022 GMC HUMMER EV Pickup
- 2019 Hennessey VelociRaptor 6×6
- 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
- 1997 Land Rover Defender 90
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz G 63 AMG 6×6
- 2018 Mercedes-Benz X-Class
- 2016 Nissan TITAN Warrior Concept
- 2017 RAM 2500 Power Wagon
New Eventlab Props
Playground Games has further expanded the blueprint builder bringing several new props to the eventlab with the inclusion of snappable asphalt pieces which were used to build the Horizon Oval Circuit.
This new season has introduced new pathfinder accolades which are unlocked by completing a variety of challenges to receive an award with all 16 granting you the 1953 Morris Minor Series II Traveler. On the topic of accolades, there are also several new photo mode accolades to go with the upgraded photo mode.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Launch Control settings would not save after restarting the game.
- Vehicle wheels would sometimes return to their default position in Photo Mode.
- On PC, the mouse cursor would occasionally disappear after some time.
- Missing side-marks on the 2020 Lamborghini Huracan STO when installing the race splitter.
- On the 2018 Italdesign Zerouno, the incorrect color was shown the front wheel rims and the engine frame incorrectly displayed when opening the front hood.
- Taller tires option was missing on the 2014 Mercedes-Benz Unimog U5023.
- Improvements have been made for some EventLab Blueprints which could cause a game crash when editing saved projects.
- Fixed an issue with weather management in Multiplayer races where weather conditions in certain conditions were not consistent between players.
- Controller vibration would suddenly stop working after disconnecting from an online session.
- Playground Games Team Flag Rush match score could revert to 0 once a player from the opposite team left the match.
- Scoreboards in Playground Games Survival Mode would disappear instead of minimizing.
You can read the full update notes here.