NZXT F120 RGB Core Triple Pack Fans + Controller Review
Peter Donnell / 7 months ago
NZXT is well-known for its premium gaming hardware, from high-end motherboards to PSUs, and while they built much of their reputation for their gaming PC cases, they’ve got a little bit of everything these days. Love it or loathe it, RGB is a big part of PC building and the wider PC gaming community these days, albeit it’s a completely optional one, so it’s not too big a deal if it’s not your thing. Alas, if you want to expand your RGB configuration or even start a new one, fans are a great place to get started.
NZXT F120 RGB Core
The NZXT F120 RGB Core fans come in both black and white variants, and I’m lucky enough to have a triple pack of each in the office today. Furthermore, the triple fan packs also come bundled with an RGB control hub, allowing to you take your lighting effects and customisation to the next level. NZXT say these fans will deliver a high static air pressure and high airflow, so they’re going to be well suited to both cases and cooler, including radiators. They feature 8 addressable RGB LEDs each, which is less than what we see in the F120 RGB Duo, which features 20 LEDs, but then again the Core fans are also priced lower to reflect this at around £20 per fan vs £30, and around £80 for the triple pack with the hub.
- Eight Individually addressable LEDs mounted on the fan hub are perfectly diffused through the semi-translucent blades for a sublime lighting effect.
- A refined hub and blade design offer enhanced static pressure by pushing air through your radiator while providing great airflow. This allows for superior heat dissipation when paired with a liquid cooler or heatsink and used as intake, or exhaust.
- Personalized lighting combinations through NZXT CAM software.
- Seamlessly sync it with all your compatible NZXT lighting accessories.
- The PWM-controlled fan allows speed adjustment, offering the best cooling possible without compromising noise level.
- Fluid Dynamic Bearings deliver high rotational stability while reducing bearing noise and increasing fan lifespan up to 60,000 hours.
- Anti-vibration rubber corners dampen vibration noise at any speed.
- Triple and twin packs include an NZXT RGB Controller with three channels for synchronized lighting control.