Fallout 4’s New Beta Patch Improves Performance and Adds Survival Mode
Cernescu Andrei / 2 years ago
If you want to keep up with the newest patches released by Bethesda for Fallout 4, then you should definitely opt-in to receive beta patches for this game, as they can definitely improve your overall experience in the Commonwealth. The latest beta patch released by Fallout 4’s developers addresses a series of stability and performance issues, and it also adds a new survival difficulty mode, which should appeal to those of you who are looking for a real challenge. Just so you can get an idea of how difficult the survival mode really is, I’m going to tell you that it doesn’t include fast travel, and it only saves your game when you sleep.
Obviously, the NPCs are considerably more deadly, the diseases more harmful and the environment much more hazardous. As far as stability and performance improvements are concerned, Bethesda has fixed a series of game-crashing bugs, and it also made sure that robots can now be assigned as settlement vendors. Some of you might argue that the Survival Mode should have been implemented in the game upon release, and you probably have a point, but better late than never, right? Below you will find a complete changelog for Patch 1.5 Beta for Fallout 4.
New Survival difficulty
- Survival adds additional challenges including no fast travel, saving only when you sleep, increased lethality, diseases, fatigue, danger and more.
- Characters set to Survival difficulty appear under their own Character Selection filter
- Survival difficulty characters are not backward compatible with the 1.4 version of Fallout 4. If you opt out of the Beta, do not use Survival character saved games.
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed rare crash related to reloading a save that relies on Automatron
- Fixed issue with the robot workbench camera not moving properly immediately after canceling out of the menu
- Fixed issue with perks being repeatedly added when reloading a saved game while in robot workbench
- Fixed issue with Ada not properly traveling to an assigned settlement
- Robots can now be assigned as settlement vendors
- Fixed issue with “Appropriation” where blueprints would not appear properly if the container had already been looted prior to getting the quest
- In “Nuclear Option,” entering the Institute using the targeting helmet on Power Armor no longer inadvertently causes the player to go into combat, and become stuck in the Institute
- Fixed distance check with Robotics Expert perk
How to access the Survival Beta
- Log into Steam
- Right Click on Fallout 4 in your Library
- Select Settings
- Select Betas
- A drop down menu will appear. Select Survival Beta Update
- Select OK
- Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update
- When done, Fallout 4 should appear as Fallout 4 [Beta] in your Library