Ubisoft Release A New Patch For Far Cry 5
Mike Sanders / 2 weeks ago
Ubisoft Release Far Cry 5 Patch
Opinion on Far Cry 5 appears to be somewhat divided. Some love it as a brand new installment to the series which shows a dystopian future in the US. Others feel that the overall play is shadow and limited. Regardless of your opinion, however, it seems that Ubisoft is keen to improve where they can with the game. As such via their official website, they have released a new patch for the game.
The main bulk of the patch seems to fix the save corruption issue some users were experiencing. It does, however, also address the multiplayer connection issues.
Given that they have been fighting off a hostile takeover from Vivendi, it’s amazing they found the time.
Stability & Performance
- Fixed low occurrence crashes and walkthrough breaks
- Additional quality bug fixes
- Fixed low occurrence save corruption
Companion, Enemy, & Animal AI
- Fixed low repro AI issues
Design & Mission Progression
- Fixed issues preventing silver bar purchase
- Fixed minor bugs
Gameplay & UI
- Fixed minor bugs
COOP and Online
- Improved COOP connectivity
- Fixed low occurrence COOP specific walkthrough breaks
- Fixed voice communication issue where players could be permanently muted
- Hurk was blowing up the client player when in a helicopter, fixed that.
Far Cry Arcade
- Improved map download efficiency
- Fixed various Arcade gameplay issues
- Fixed issue where map textures would be extremely low
- Improved PVP matchmaking
- Fixed lobby loadout selection and map selection issues
- Fixed issue with Arcade Editor crashes
PC Patch Only:
- Fixed issues that were causing incorrect spawn if the game was minimized during loading
Will this patch improve the experience and is it worth playing?
As far as patches go, this one seems very sensible. It has addressed all of the currently most notable issues while not concentrating too much on the small stuff. You can’t really ask for more than that from a patch this early in release, particularly from Ubisoft.
If you have been holding fire on buying the game, now might be the time to give it a try. Given that it’s Ubisoft’s best selling game, they must have done something right!
What do you think? Are you playing Far Cry 5? What do you think of it? In addition, do you like the new patch? – Let us know in the comments!