Far Cry 6 Get A New & Huge Update Introducing NG+ – Time to Play Again?
Mike Sanders / 4 months ago
Given that it has been well over a year since the initial release of Far Cry 6, I honestly thought that Ubisoft (in terms of major content updates and patches) was probably long done with the title by this point. – Then again, they did just recently release a ‘Game of the Year’ edition of it (despite, somewhat amusing, the fact that it never actually won any notable GOTY awards).
Following a report via DSOGaming, however, Far Cry 6 has just seen the release of its latest major update. Coming in at around 26GB, while it’s certainly big, it does seem to be adding a lot of fresh incentive for people to consider making a return!
Far Cry 6 – Update 6
The overall key emphasis of this latest update does largely lend itself (as above) to attempting to tempt people back, specifically the completionists, with the option of now undertaking not just an NG+ campaign, but also the ability to track their overall progress for those clearly intent on achieving the 100% goals in this title.
New Game +
New Game + has been added to the game and allows players to play through the Far Cry 6 campaign again with most of their equipment. Players can start NG+ from the main menu if they have a save that has completed the main campaign as their last played save. If there are several saves that have completed the campaign, NG+ will choose the most recently used one. New Game+ requires an empty save slot.
With New Game+:
- Character selection
- Select Difficulty
- Full world reset
- Mission progression
- Treasure Hunts, Races, Military Installations
- Los Banditos Operations and Rewards
- World Map Fog of War
- Equipment retention
- After finishing “The Lucky One” you will find the Veteran’s Stash at Clara’s Camp
- Base weapons, Weapon Attachments, Weapon Skins
- Supremo Backpacks Variety and their Upgraded versions + Supremo Mods
- Fishing Rods and Upgrades
- Access Collectibles
- Yaran Contraband
- USB Songs
- Hidden Histories
- Any DLC/Store Amigos
- Rides unlock after “Fuel the Revolution”
- All Hero Ride Vehicles
- Hero Vehicle upgrades
- Vehicle interior and exterior colors
- Vehicle Rims & Horns
- Vehicle Pickups
- After Escaping Isla Santuario with Clara:
- Black Market, Ubisoft Club and Store Items
- Unlock after the applicable missions:
- Juan of the Kind
- Rifle Soft Target Rounds (Ammo)
- Rifle Armor Piercing Rounds (Ammo)
- Fire and Fury
- Hazmat Mask MRK 1 (Gear)
- Fuego Gloves (Gear)
- Missions to get Amigos – Ability, Perk, Progressions
- Base camp unlocks: Player Base Progress/Rewards
- Things that do not transfer or unlock automatically when you start a NG+
- Currencies: Uranium, Pesos, Moneda
- Inventory (non transferable but players can regain)
- Resolver Materials, Camp Resources, Tradables, Others (e.g. Spray Cans, Spec Ops Keys, Los Bandidos Recruits)
- Logistics and Tools
- Charada Symbols
The Completionist Aid is a new UI feature that allows players to easily track their progress towards the mastery of Far Cry 6. When opening the world map in-game, players will find a new widget that shows the progression of activities for each region.
What Do We Think?
Based on the overall nature of the update, I have to admit to being a little confused as to how this could possibly require a 26GB download. Then again, rather than adding to the overall game storage size, I suspect that this is mostly existing data getting overwritten to add these NG+ features. So, in other words, I don’t think the size of the game will increase by much if anything at all. And this is possibly just as well for those of you with the PS4 version given that the file size on that platform was circa 75GB.
What do you think though? Will a NG+ and completionist features tempt you back to play some more Far Cry 6? – Let us know in the comments!