FIFA and Electronic Arts Team Up for eWorld Cup 2018
Ron Perillo / 6 months ago
FIFA and Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts and Fédération Internationale de Football Association, more commonly known as FIFA are teaming up to launch the FIFA 18 Global Series on The Road to the FIFA eWorld Cup 2018. This takes competitive FIFA video gaming to the next level, increasing the scale year over year and eventually culminates into the FIFA eWorld Cup 2018 where the undisputed world champion is crowned. The event kicks off on Friday, November 3rd, 2017 and the eWorld Cup 2018 Grand Final will be on August 2018.
FIFA eWorld Cup 2018
The Road to the FIFA eWorld Cup 2018 is a global, multi-stage journey. Competitors will qualify based on FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT) Champions Weekend League online performance. Also, at blockbuster live qualifying events throughout the year. Through the qualifying stage, EA and FIFA will identify and invite the top-ranked 128 eligible competitors to advance to the EA SPORTS FIFA 18 Global Series Playoffs. There will be 64 competitors representing PlayStation4 and 64 competitors representing Xbox One. They will then vie to be one of the 32 stars to qualify for the FIFA eWorld Cup 2018. The winner of the FIFA eWorld Cup 2018 will be declared the world champion.
FUT Champions Weekend Leagues
The EA SPORTS FIFA 18 Global Series magnifies the ways competitors of all levels can compete through both online competition and at live events. In online play, all competitors will first compete in FUT Champions weekend leagues. Accompanying the fun found in online competitive play are a variety of blockbuster live events ensuring maximum opportunity for all to qualify.
- FIFA Ultimate Team Champions Cups These mass entry tournaments kickoff first through the popular FUT Champions online mode. Top competitors qualify for two major live tournaments in January and April.
- FIFA eClub World Cup – An all-star tournament pitting world-class competitors signed to pro teams.
- Licensed Qualifying Competitions – Notable third-party competitive gaming organizations and brands will host marquee events offering qualifying spots for the EA SPORTS FIFA 18 Global Series Playoffs. Our third-party qualifying tournaments will offer three times the competitive opportunity for our players to compete year-over-year.
- Official League Partner Qualifying Competitions – Competitors can represent their favourite real-life club through official league competitions. Details to follow.
To be eligible, players must register with their valid EA account and accept all terms in the FIFA Global Series here. After, they are then in consideration for eligibility for the subsequent months until the playoffs end. Consider the following monthly leaderboard registration end dates:
- FUT CHAMPIONS CUP #1: 11:59 PM PST on 11-30-2017
- FUT CHAMPIONS Cup #2: 11:59 PM PST on 02-28-2018
- FGS Last Chance Qualifier for FGS Playoffs: 11:59 PM PST on 04-30-2018
However, only Microsoft Xbox and Sony PlayStation players are eligible to participate in the online qualification. Also, PC gamers, cannot qualify. Moreover, players must be at least 16 years old by the date of the qualifying live event. Furthermore, they must also provide proof of residency via government-issued documentation. Read the rest of the rules at the FIFA Global Series homepage.