First Order Stormtrooper Armour Now on Sale
Ashley Allen / 4 years ago
Detailed replicas of Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ First Order Stormtrooper armour is now on sale, letting fans play out their own pseudo-fascist fantasies while looking both cool and canonically accurate – surely every cosplayer’s dream.
The First Order Stormtrooper armour is being sold by ANOVOS, which is famed for its officially-licenced sci-fi and fantasy movie and TV tie-ins, boasting clothing and props from the likes of Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, and Ghostbusters.
The armour is available in two options: in kit form, to be constructed at home, for $2,225, or pre-constructed for $6,915.
The Stormtrooper armour, which is based on the original production assets, is described thusly:
- Costume is designed to fit a person that is between 5 ft. 8 in to 6 ft. (1.7 to 1.8 meters) in height, with a mesomorphic body-type (see chart below).
- Body armor pieces are made of white ABS plastic.
- Undersuit is two-piece with mock turtleneck collar and stirrups.
- The neck seal is made of neoprene and features adjustable hook and loop closure.
- Gloves are made of leather and fabric with hook and loop wrist closure, and supplied by the same manufacturer who produced the gloves used in the film.
- Joint gaskets are made of flexible latex.
- Belt has functional storage pouches.
- The boots are made of genuine leather and supplied by the same manufacturer who produced the boots used in the film.
The helmet, which comes pre-made, regardless of your purchase option, is described as:
- This helmet is assembled, finished, and ready to wear
- The outer shell is made of fiberglass and painted to duplicate the look of the original asset.
- The filtration fitting on the chin is made of aluminum.
- The grille mesh is made of black painted metal.
- Helmet interior is lined for a finished appearance.
- Visor lens is made of gray tinted plastic.
- Helmet size adjustment system ensures a comfortable and secure fit.
If you opt for the cheaper kit form of the Stormtrooper armour:
- Simplified assembly and improved detailing over 2015 prototype kits.
- Comes with the completed, ready to wear Premier Line helmet and boots.
- Armor components require trimming, clean-up and physical assembly.
- Belt requires assembly.
- Basic instructions for assembly will be made available as PDF download.
- All basic snaps, strapping, and hook and loop segments are included for mounting of armor pieces.
- Tools and glue not included.
- Decal sheet included.