Forza Horizon 4 Update Adds Custom Route Creator Feature
Ron Perillo / 2 years ago
Customize Your Route
A big content update has just been launched for Forza Horizon 4 a few minutes ago. This brings a host of bug fixes, but most importantly, it also introduces new features. One of these is the ability to create custom routes of up to 40 miles. It can also be done from any Asphalt, Dirt or Cross-Country Event starting location.
The update also adds a new Horizon Story to FH4 called ‘British Racing Green’. Specifically exploring a century of cars built in Britain.
How Do I Access the British Racing Green Story?
The story is accessible via Broadway by reaching Level 50, and unlocking a new quick chat phrase, a new unique clothing item, and the classic Bentley 8 Litre.
What Other Fixes are In This Forza Update?
The majority of fixes are cross-platform issues which include:
- General stability and performance improvements.
- Multiple engine audio improvements based on community feedback.
- Added quit option in Quickplay Team Adventure after finishing an Adventure.
- Improvements to Force Feedback understeer effect
- Progress loss on Forzathon Challenges fix
- Rewards not being awarded in Seasonal Championships and Trial events
- Blurring on the edges of a moving target car in Photo Mode
- Avoid early completion of Trial events and allow all events to be finished
- VIP House reward exploit.
- Reset system not placing the car correctly when changing season after an event
- Improvements to free-roam Drivatar behaviour, when driving round tight corners
- Fix for calculation of team score in Horizon Stories Co-op sessions during time-based challenges
- Forzathon Weekly Bonus not updating correctly in the UI
- HDR brightness calibration screen
- Traffic cars not spawning sometimes after a Barn Find cinematic
- Displayed value of VIP house when VIP owned, but house not purchased
- Rotating wheels when car is stationary in Pause Menu, ForzaVista and Drone Mode
The PC platform also gets fixes for specific issues affecting AMD GPUs and more:
- Fix for lost video options when tweaking AMD GPU clock speeds.
- Increased quality of grass and tree procedurals at distance when Procedural Quality setting is set to Extreme.
- Fix for ‘low streaming bandwidth’ message on high spec PCs when GPU-limited.
- Fix for crash when changing audio devices whilst a video is playing.