Fractal Design Launch Edison M Series Power Supplies
Peter Donnell / 9 years ago
The new Fractal Design power supplies are here as the company introduce their new Editon M series. The new power supplies come with modular cables, in a range of wattage levels to suit a wide range of builds and system requirements. All the products in the range come equipped with 80PLUS Gold efficient certification, which should help save you money thanks to their improved efficiency.
The Edison M range has been designed to offer maximum reliability, with Japanese electrolytic capacitors and a wide range of protection features such as over-temperature protection.
Modular cables will no doubt please those who care about neat and tidy cable routing, as you can leave out any excess connectors that you don’t require for your build. The Edison M range also features an extra-long ATX12V cable, perfect for those who have top or bottom mounted PSUs and even better for those who use large cases that need to route the cable a longer distance.
Each PSU is fitted with a temperature controlled FDB bearing 120mm fan. There are four models available; 450W, 550W, 650W and 750W, more than enough to satisfy the needs of the budget friendly end of the market, as well as those wanting to power a high-end gaming rig.
- Modular construction to assist with a clean build with only the most essential cables permanently attached
- 80PLUS Gold efficiency with a 5 year warranty on the PSU
- ATX 2.4 compliant, including full support for the new C6 / C7 power states introduced with the 4th generation Intel Core CPUs
- DC-DC design for improved system stability and maximum 12V output
- Tight voltage regulation: +/- 2% for +12V and +/- 3% for minor rails
- Japanese electrolytic capacitors, rated at 105°C; Japanese and Taiwanese solid polymer capacitors
- Extra-long ATX 12V cable
- Silent, temperature-controlled 120mm fan with quiet, long-life FDB bearings
- Full protection suite: Over Power Protection, Over Voltage Protection, Short Circuit Protection, Under Voltage Protection, Over Current Protection and Over Temperature Protection
- Sleek look to add to the overall design of your build
- Available in Black
- Available in different wattages: 450W, 550W, 650W and 750W
- 450W: $84.99
- 550W: $94.99
- 650W: $104.99
- 750W: $119.99
The Edison M should be available from most major retailers shortly.
Thank you Fractal Design for providing us with this information.
Images courtesy of TechPowerUp.