Gigabyte Aorus X399 Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
Peter Donnell / 3 months ago
Gigabyte Aorus X399 Gaming 7
Threadripper has already blown us away with incredible performance and competitive price. Of course, that crazy CPU is no good to you without a competent motherboard to house it. Today, I’ll be taking a look at the new Gigabyte Aorus X399 Gaming 7 motherboard, and it’s packed with the level of features we’ve come to expect from this premium gaming brand.
Equipped with Triple M.2 with Thermal Guard, 120dB SNR ALC1220, Killer E2500 Gaming Network, Front & Rear USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C, Intel Dual Band 802.11ac WiFi+BT4.2, and so much RGB lighting, we could write a whole review just about that. This motherboard is crammed with hardware, and so much so, we doubt most users would even need or use it all. Of course, it’s better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
- Supports AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processors
- Quad Channel ECC/ Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 8 DIMMs, 3600MHz+(OC)
- Fast Front and Rear USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C™ and Rear Type-A Interface
- 4-Way Graphics Support with Dual Armor and Ultra Durable™ Design
- Server-Class Digital Power Design & Gold Plated Solid Power Connectors
- ALC1220 120dB SNR HD Audio with Smart Headphone AMP and WIMA audio capacitor
- Sound BlasterX 720°, the Top-of-the-line Audio Engine Solution for 4K Gaming and Entertainment
- Killer E2500 GbE LAN Gaming Network
- Intel ® Dual Band 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.2 – AC 8265 WiFi Module
- RGB FUSION with Multi-Zone LED Light Show design, support Digital LED & RGB LED strips
- Smart Fan 5 features Multiple Temperature Sensors and Hybrid Fan Headers
- Triple Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 interface and Thermal Guard
- USB DAC-UP 2 with Adjustable Voltage
- Precise Digital USB Fuse Design for Stronger Protection
- Ultra Durable™ 25KV ESD and 15KV Surge LAN Protection
- GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS™ with Q-Flash Plus USB port
- APP Center Including EasyTune™ and Cloud Station™ Utilities
What Aorus Had to Say
“The AORUS X399 enthusiast motherboard with AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor. Do everything, do it all at the same time, and do it without sacrificing responsiveness. Render. Stream. Compile. Encode. Work or Play. Real-World Productivity or Virtual Reality Entertainment. The AORUS X399 enthusiast motherboard has the power to overwhelm your most daunting workloads.”
The New, Ultimate Platform for Desktop
“With up to 16 cores, the AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ processor can command 32 threads, the most multi-processing power that has ever been unleashed on a consumer desktop. Overwhelm your workloads with 40MB of processor cache, without sacrificing efficiency thanks to the world-class IPC performance of the “Zen” architecture.”
“Quad-Channel DDR4 for devastating memory bandwidth, 64 lanes of incredible PCIe® 3.0 connectivity, and native USB 3.1 Gen2 10Gb/s support on a chipset. With every processor multiplier-unlocked to be configured as you see fit, the Ryzen™ Threadripper™ platform is created to keep you on the bleeding edge of tomorrow.”
RGB and lots of it!
With RGB lighting around virtually every major component on the motherboard, you can really customise it quite a lot. However, there’s also RGB headers that support up to 300 individually addressable LED lights. But wait, there’s more! You can also sync using RGB Fusion, matching up ALL your Aorus gaming hardware for a light show of seizure inducing proportions. Or you can turn them all off, it’s really up to you!