Gigabyte B760 Gaming X AX DDR4 Motherboard Review
Peter Donnell / 6 months ago
I’m a big fan of the Gigabyte range, especially their flagship Aorus series hardware. However, while they’re often top of their game when it comes to high-end and more expensive hardware, when it comes to affordable motherboards, Gigabyte always has something great to offer. The new B760 gaming X AX DDR4 is built to be affordable, while still supporting many of the latest CPUs, GPUs and storage devices. However, despite its affordable nature, it still has some of the DNA that makes the more high-end Gigabyte products stand out from the crowd.
Gigabyte B760 Gaming X AX
With support for the latest Intel 12th and 13th Gen processors, the X AX comes with an 8+1+1 Digital VRM, and while that’s not going to cut it for high-end overclocking and 24/7 brutal power delivery, it’s more than enough to push big boost clocks from the latest CPUs while you’re gaming. DDR5 can be an expensive upgrade, so it’s great to see DDR4 memory support, as it likely means those upgrading can use their existing modules. There’s PCIe 4.0, and M.2 support too, so you can get the best from the latest storage, graphics cards and more.
- Intel Socket LGA 1700: Support 13th and 12th Gen Series Processors
- Unparalleled Performance: Hybrid 8+1+1 Phases Digital VRM Solution
- Dual Channel DDR4: 4*DIMMs XMP Memory Module Support
- Next Generation Storage: 3*PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 Connectors
- Advanced Thermal Design & M.2 Thermal Guard: To Ensure VRM Power Stability & M.2 SSD Performance
- EZ-Latch: PCIe 4.0×16 Slot with Quick Release Design
- Fast Networks: 2.5GbE LAN & Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax
- Extended Connectivity: Front USB-C 10Gb/s, DP, HDMI
- Smart Fan 6: Features Multiple Temperature Sensors, Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
- Q-Flash Plus: Update BIOS Without Installing the CPU, Memory and Graphics Card
For in-depth features and specifications, please visit the official product page here.