Gigabyte X570 AORUS Master Motherboard Review
Peter Donnell / 12 months ago
AORUS X570 Master
The latest range of Ryzen 3rd Gen CPUs are here at last. With that, we also have the launch of the latest X570 motherboards, and even new graphics cards from AMD too. It seems we’re spoilt for new hardware this week! Speaking of spoilt, I’ve also had the high-end AORUS X570 Master motherboard from AORUS!
Equipped with support for the latest Ryzen CPUs, it’s a high-end solution built for extreme gaming and workstation performance. You’ll find an impressive 14 Phases Digital VRM, providing big overclocking performance. There’s also three ultra-fast NVMe PCIE4.0 M.2 mounts for the latest flagship storage drives. If that’s not enough, dual LAN and WiFI; including 2.5GbE and WiFi 6!
The list of features on this motherboard is enough to make you drool. What’s more crazy is this isn’t even the top end model. We still have the AORUS Xtreme for those who really want to empty their wallets; we’ll take a look at that at a later date though.
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen™/ 2nd Gen Ryzen™/ 2nd Gen Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics/ Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors
- Dual Channel ECC/ Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Direct 14 Phases Infineon Digital VRM Solution with PowIRstage
- Advanced Thermal Design with Fins-Array Heatsink and Direct Touch Heatpipe
- Triple Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 with Triple Thermal Guards
- Intel® WiFi 6 802.11ax 2T2R & BT 5
- Rear 125dB SNR AMP-UP Audio with ALC1220-VB & ESS SABRE 9118 DAC with WIMA Audio Capacitors
- Realtek® 2.5GbE + Intel® Gigabit LAN with cFosSpeed
- USB TurboCharger for Mobile Device Fast Charge Support
- RGB FUSION 2.0 with Multi-Zone Addressable LED Light Show Design, Supports Addressable LED & RGB LED Strips
- Smart Fan 5 Features Multiple Temperature Sensors, Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP and Noise Detection
- Front & Rear USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C™ Headers
- Integrated Base Plate & I/O Shield Armor
- Q-Flash Plus Update BIOS Without Installing CPU, Memory and Graphics Card
Please keep in mind that Ryzen X570 motherboards only support Ryzen 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen CPUs. Despite being AM4 sockets, they do not currently work with Ryzen 1st Gen processors. Furthermore, for those wanting to use the full PCIe 4.0 functionality, you’ll also need to use the latest 3rd Gen CPUs.
4K Preview and Unboxing
Last week we brought you a preview of this motherboard here. Plus, Andy did a lovely unboxing preview which you can check out below! Because we did the preview, we’ve already been over the features on this motherboard like we would in our “A Closer Look” section. So that has been replaced with a “photo gallery” on this review; we don’t need to tell you everything twice!
Show me More
We’ve got a LOT of new reviews to show you today, check out the entire list of motherboards, CPUs and graphics cards below;
- Gigabyte AORUS X570 Master Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte X570 AORUS Pro Motherboard Review
- ASUS RoG Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard Review Review
- MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE Motherboard Review
- ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WiFi) Motherboard Review
- ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming Motherboard Review
- MSI MEG X570 ACE Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte X570 I AORUS Pro WiFi Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte X570 AORUS XTREME Motherboard Review
- ASRock X570 Motherboard Review
- ASUS PRIME X570-Pro Motherboard Review
- AMD Radeon RX5700 & 5700 XT Graphics Cards Review
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X & Ryzen 8 3800X Processor Review