Grab Your Flight Sticks – X Plane 11 Beta is Here!
Peter Donnell / 3 years ago
X-Plane has been going for a long time now, offering up the high-altitude thrills that flight simulation fans desire. Now it looks like it’s time to dust off your flight sticks once again, as the first beta for the upcoming X-Plane 11 release is here! The developers are eager to point out that this is just a beta though, and while it’s still playable, you should be prepared for a bundle of bugs and glitches, such as faulty scenery, frame rate drops, and no doubt bugs that the developers didn’t even know existed until you find them. With that in mind, those who want to enjoy the full flight sim experience should likely stick with the current X-Plane 10 release, which can be picked up through their bundle deal.
New in X-Plane 11
- A completely redesigned, intuitive user interface that makes setting up and editing your flight a breeze.
- Consistently usable 3-D cockpits and stunningly high-resolution exterior models for all included aircraft.
- A new effects engine for lighting, sounds, and explosions.
- Realistic avionics: all planes are IFR-ready right out of the gate.
- Busy, “living” airports with pushback tugs and roaming fuel trucks, able to service both your aircraft and the simulator’s AI planes.
- New buildings & roads to better simulate European cities
- …and more!
For $59.99 you’ll get X-Plane 11, which you can play in a public beta at the moment anyway, but it’ll update to the full retail release when the time comes, and you’ll also get full access to X-Plane 10 right now for you to enjoy. Not bad given that X-Plane 10 is still $49.99 on Steam!
This edition is great for people who:
- Want to get started using X-Plane immediately, without waiting for DVDs to ship
- Don’t have a DVD drive
- Have a reliable internet connection
- Have a computer that meets these minimum requirements
X-Plane 11 includes:
- Universal platforms (Mac, Windows, Linux)
- Worldwide scenery
- 11 high-quality aircraft with immersive 3-D cockpits
- Free internet updates for all versions of 11.xx, including airport improvements
You can download and enjoy the beta right now by heading over to the official X-Plane demo page right now.
“With a brand new user interface, and a new level of quality in the included aircraft, X-Plane 11 is the upgrade you’ve been hoping for. Check it out in this video!” – XPlaneOfficial