GTX 670Ti specifications revealed
Ryan Martin / 7 years ago
It is common knowledge amongst the online technology community that Nvidia’s GK104 chip was already intended to be a mid range chip and the current GTX 680 was expected to release as the GTX 670Ti until Nvidia found AMD’s 28nm graphics cards to be slower than expected. Hence the next GK104 chip to come out is probably what was going to have been the GTX 660 or GTX 660Ti except now it will take the form of the GTX 670Ti. The GTX 670Ti will be a cut down version of the GTX 680, Nvidia have enabled 7 of the 8 Streaming Multiprocessor units meaning that you get 1344 CUDA cores instead of 1538 CUDA cores like on the GTX 680. Nvidia have also shaved 1GHz of the memory speeds so the card performs at 5GHz effective. These two changes should make the GTX 670Ti around 15% slower than the GTX 680 which puts the GTX 670Ti in direct competition with the HD 7950. The estimated price is $349-$399 which makes it between $50 and $100 cheaper than most HD 7950 models.
The full known specifications so far of the GTX 670Ti are:
- 4 Graphics Processing Cores (GPCs), 7 Streaming Multiprocessors (SMX)
- 1344 CUDA cores
- 112 Texture Memory Units (TMUs), 32 Raster Operation Processors (ROPs)
- 256-bit wide GDDR5 memory interface
- Around 900 MHz base core clock, boost clock and feature availability not known
- Around 1250 MHz (5.00 GHz GDDR5 effective) memory clock, around 160 GB/s memory bandwidth
- Estimated price US $349-399
The new report reinforces the May launch time-frame.