Gunhead, 3D FPS Sequel to 2D Shooter Cryptark Announced
Ron Perillo / 4 years ago
Alientrap’s fast-pace indie 2D sci-fi shooter Cryptark is getting a 3D first-person shooter sequel called Gunhead. Moreover, the announcement even comes with a new trailer showing the game in action. According to the developers, they want a sequel that “took the game in a completely different direction”. Although, from the trailer it shows that Gunhead retains much of Cryptark’s design and aesthetics. Now it is in a clean, cell-shaded look but it still shows that it remains action-packed.
— Lee Vermeulen (@Alientrap) November 17, 2017
The storyline continues directly after the end of Cryptark. The developers promises to reveal more details and the release date is sometime in 2018. Judging from the footage, they already have a lot of the work done. Moreover, they have actually been working on it for over a year now. At least according to the official Alientrap Twitter account.
- Board and neutralize procedurally generated alien starships in a persistent non-linear campaign.
- Fast paced jetpack enabled FPS gameplay with 4 guns ready and loaded.
- Each enemy ship is it’s own unique challenge. Set your loadout based on over 50 weapons and items.
- Takes place directly after the events of Cryptark. Search the open galaxy to loot and gather enough to survive.
- Operating System: Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit versions)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 or AMD FX-8320 or better
- Memory: 8 GB
- Graphics:GTX 670 2GB or Radeon HD 7870 2GB
- Storage: 2 GB available space
GUNHEAD Announcement Trailer
For now you can either enjoy the trailer or grab Cryptark from Steam. Moreover, it is only £10.99 and well worth the purchase.