Hitman March Update Detailed, New Targets and Contracts Added
Bohs Hansen / 2 years ago
The latest Hitman game has been a great success for the makers as well as gamers. While a lot of people were sceptical about the episodal release, it worked out great. Square Enix continues to support the game and we have a Season 2 incoming soon.
While many are waiting for Season 2 with new maps, missions, and challenges, the company continues to improve on the original game, fix bugs, and best of all, adding new content. The March update adds Chinese language support, which we don’t really care about here in the UK, but also plenty of game improvements and general fixes. The update is sized at 1GB, so that isn’t too bad a download.
Before we get to the fixes, let’s have a look at new missions in March. We already got a new escalation contract in Marrakesh in the first week and this week it is time for Elusive Target number 22 – this time in Colorado. My favourite map of them all. Next week there will be 10 new featured contracts and in week four, we get another escalation contract in Bangkok.
- Simplified Chinese Language Support: We’ve added full menu and subtitle support for Simplified Chinese on PC.
- Performance: We’ve fixed some rare issues that could cause the game to crash or be unstable.
- Missing Exits: We’ve fixed an issue that could prevent exit points from appearing after killing the target(s).
- Paris Suspend: We’ve fixed an issue that could cause guards and targets in Paris to suspend their routines, after specific player actions.
- Subdue Prompt: We’ve fixed an issue that could cause the ‘subdue’ prompt to disappear when an NPC is picking up an item or when they are close to a wall.
- Scoring Adjustment: We’ve fixed an issue where the ‘Never Spotted’ bonus was not awarded in certain cases.
- Sapienza Lab: We’ve fixed an issue that could cause 47 to be ‘spotted’ in the Sapienza Lab, even whilst ‘blending in’.
- Hokkaido Landscape: We’ve fixed a rare issue that could cause 47 to fall ‘out of world’ in Hokkaido.
- Contracts Search Favourites: The Contract Tile now displays an icon to show whether that contract has been added to ‘My Favourites’
- Sticky Pistol (Escalation): We’ve fixed an issue where the ‘Sticky Pistol’ countdown would expire, despite 47 having the pistol equipped on a ledge.
- The Incarnation Non-Accident: We’ve fixed an issue in the ‘Meiko Incarnation’ Escalation where dumping an NPC in a specific area would not result in an accident kill.
- Disappearing Act: We’ve fixed an issue that could cause a holstered large weapon to be lost when activating the diorama in Paris.
- Fire Safety: We’ve fixed an issue that could cause NPC’s to teleport away when they are burning.
- HDR Launcher: We’ve fixed an issue where the ‘HDR’ option could not be enabled in the game’s launcher on AMD cards.
- Sun Spots (HDR): We’ve fixed an issue that could cause black pixels to appear around bright light sources when HDR is enabled.
- Additional: We’ve also fixed other minor issues involving AI dialogue, audio and VO consistency, escalation completion marks and we’ve slightly reworded some menu text to make it more consistent.