HP Unveils The World’s Thinnest Laptop
John Williamson / 2 years ago
Laptop manufacturers including Apple, Lenovo and HP have become obsessed about creating the thinnest possible form factor. While these design decisions can help forge a beautiful finish, it’s not always a practical idea. For example, laptops prioritizing thin construction over cooling hardware have the potential to run extremely hot especially if the end-user attempts demanding tasks. Saying that, whenever a company creates an innovate project, it’s always worth giving them recognition. Today, HP unveiled the world’s slimmest laptop which features an ultra thin 10.4mm frame. This is astounding and I’m absolutely in awe of the HP Spectre’s aesthetic. It evokes a premium feel and it’s one of the best laptop designs I’ve seen for some time.
Kevin Frost, vice president and general manager, consumer personal systems, HP Inc described the new laptop and said:
“The HP Spectre is the thinnest notebook in the world, and unlike the majority of other super thin PCs on the market, this laptop doesn’t compromise power or features,”
“A beautiful Full HD edge-to-edge display, Intel Core i processors coupled with Bang & Olufsen sound and a sexy and thin design, HP amazing engineers set a new standard with the all new Spectre.”
Here we can see a brief overview of the device’s key features:
- A carbon fiber bottom creates a thin profile that is both durable and lightweight, keeping the total weight of the notebook at just 2.45 pounds
- CNC machined aluminum chassis as thin as an AAA-battery at just 10.4 mm.
- High gloss copper accents reflect a hand-polished, jewelry-like finish and an innovative hidden piston hinge creates the illusion of a hinge-less design to offer an unmatched premium look-and-feel.
- An innovative hybrid battery split into two thinner pieces delivers the same wattage as a single battery for up to 9 and half hours of battery life while enabling the world’s thinnest laptop
- Full HD IPS edge-to-edge display featuring Corning Gorilla delivers a superb viewing experience for editing photos, perfecting a presentation, or watching a movie.
- 6th generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors and a lightning fast PCIe SSD with storage up to 512 GB with up to 8 GB of memory for maximum performance. Integration of Intel hyperbaric cooling system keeps the machine running cool even with powerful processors in a small package.
- Stereo speakers by Bang & Olufsen with HP Audio Boost technology, a combination of hardware and software to give customers the depth they want.
- Three full function USB Type-C connectors, including two of which support Thunderbolt, to provide a fast, versatile I/O connection.
In terms of pricing, the 13.3″ diagonal HP Spectre is planned to be available on HP.com and BBY.com on April 25 for pre-order with a starting price at $1,169.99 and is planned to be available in Best Buy stores on May 22 with a starting price at $1,249.99.