HyperX CLOUD Revolver S Pro Gaming Headset Review
Peter Donnell / 6 years ago
HyperX takes their pro gaming seriously and having sponsored many winning eSports teams around the world; they have more than a few friends who know a thing or two about what makes a great gaming peripheral. We’ve seen a fair few headsets from HyperX over the years, including the highly praised and award-winning CloudX, Cloud II, Revolver, Stinger, and now the latest addition to the collection, the high-end CLOUD Revolver S Pro, which promises Dolby 7.1 Virtual Surround, a built-in DSP sound card, powerful 50mm drivers, and much more!
“HyperX Cloud Revolver™ S features Plug N Play virtual Dolby® Surround 7.1 audio – no software required. The USB digital signal processing card outputs consistent high-quality sound no matter what system you’re using. Revolver S has a clippable audio control box so you can quickly Push-to-Dolby, mute and regulate mic/output levels. Signature HyperX memory foam and the wider headband provide even greater award-winning comfort. TeamSpeak and Discord certified, Revolver S ensures you’ll always have clear communication.”
As you can see, the HyperX Cloud Revolver S is well equipped, and with a huge compatibility list too, thanks to its dual cables for both USB and 3.5mm connectivity. Now, let’s grab that box and take a closer look!
- Plug N Play Dolby® Surround 7.1 audio technology
- Advanced USB audio control box with DSP sound card
- Studio-grade sound stage allows you to hear further away
- Higher-quality HyperX signature memory foam provides award-winning comfort
- New wider headband more evenly distributes pressure
- Steel frame provides durability and reliability
- Next-gen 50mm directional drivers pump out precise, crisp audio
- Digitally enhanced noise-cancelling mic certified by TeamSpeak and Discord
- USB Plug N Play Dolby® Surround 7.1 compatible with PC, PS4™, PS4 Pro and devices with USB audio support, stereo compatible via 3.5mm (4 pole) plug with Xbox One1, Xbox One S1, Mac1, PC, PS4, PS4 Pro, mobile devices2 and VR3.
Packaging and Accessories
The box is very nicely designed, showing the multi-format support, headset, in-line controller and other features right on the front, while the back has a more detailed rundown of the main features; now let’s get it out of the box!