I Am Alive launches tomorrow, here’s a trailer!
Andy Ruffell / 6 years ago
Ubisoft seems to be very active as of late, tomorrow a new game from their studios will be released; I Am Alive.
This new game from Ubisoft Shangai takes place in the fictional American city of Haventon, one year after a worldwide cataclysmic event. The Event, as it is referred to, wiped out most of the human civilization and left the world in ruins, barely habitable and with a toxic cloud of dust and ash now covering the surface.
Throughout the campaign, you’ll play as a man who struggles for survival in this desolated city while he tries to reunite with his long lost wife and daughter. The game focuses on facing the permanent insecurity of a now decaying and hazardous world and humanity’s darkest inclinations.
The gameplay gives a lot of importance into exploration and climbing, and offers an interesting gaming system: during encounters with various survivors, you’re given the option to use various tactics to stay alive. This includes bluff and intimidation as well as using a low profile to make a quick kill.
Here’s a new trailer:
Nobody knows what really happened on that day. Most people died, and the few remaining survivors are just as damaged as our world after the Event. In this craziness, you have to fight to survive, because humanity is just a stupid dream that disappeared with the rest of our life.
Only one thing is sure: I Am Alive…
Finally, the official I Am Alive Companion app is now available for download from iTunes freely.
The main features of the app include:
- Street map of the main game area with exclusive hints from the developers
- List of all resources from the game detailing the level of rarity and effects on health, stamina and stamina capacity
- List of all Achievements and Trophies with a check/uncheck tracking feature
- 5 videos including a trailer, a making-of and the 3 “survivor tapes”
- Over 50 production concept arts, promotional artworks and screenshots
- Never seen before O.S.T., including 6 tracks exclusively composed for the app
- Photo mode that lets you create your own I Am Alive-themed photos and post them to Facebook or email them to friends
Launching on March 7, 2012 on the Xbox Live Arcade, you can buy this game from the marketplace for 1200 Microsoft points.
For more information, please refer to the official website.
Source: Press Release