Icy Dock Announces ICYRaid MB662U3-2S USB 3.0 RAID Enclosure
Bohs Hansen / 3 years ago
Icy Dock announced the ICYRaid MB662U3-2S USB 3.0 drive enclosure that comes with built-in hardware RAID and thereby allows you to take your setup with you on the road where ever you go. When taking drives on the go, you also need to make sure that they stay safe, you wouldn’t want to damage your drives and thereby your data. The ICYRaid MB662U3-2S is built with heavy-duty aluminum to do just that while still keeping the weight down.
The ICYRaid MB662U3-2S allows you to set four modes, RAID 0, RAID 1, JBOD, and BIG. So, no matter if you need extra redundancy, extra speed, a larger volume, or just multiple drives: the ICYRaid MB662U3-2S can do it. The internal design has been created to allow your drives the best possible heat dissipation and it is aided by the rear-mounted 40mm fan.
The hardware RAID is already a big benefit as it reduces the load on the system compared to a software-based RAID setup. We’ve seen external RAID units before, but it is rarely seen that they also feature UASP support for better throughput; you will need to run Windows 8 or newer (or Mac OS X) to take advantage of this.
There are LEDs on the front that will show drive activity as well as errors or ejected drives. You can, however, disable those on the back of the drive if they should bother you. The full power switch is also a nice touch and it allows you to fully turn your drives off, even when it’s still connected to your system. Optionally, ICY DOCK also offers 2.5-inch adapters to mount smaller form factor hard disk drives and SSDs.
- Built-in hardware RAID controller allows four different configurations: RAID 0 (FAST), RAID 1 (SAFE), JBOD, & BIG.
- Tool-Less design for easy hard drive upgrading or replacement.
- Plug & Play SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface with UASP support.
- Supports 2 x 3.5″ SATA I / II / III hard drives.
- Supports the latest 8TB HDD per bay in all 4 RAID modes for up to 16TB of storage.
- Front LED indicator light to monitor disk status in RAID.
- Rear LED indicator light for RAID rebuilds status.
- Designed for professional users in any industry.
- The front & rear LED can be disabled when needed.
- Solid aluminum body construction for portability, heat dissipation and extra protection.
- Built in security slot for security cable kit.
- Compatible with Mac OS X Time Machine.
- Designed for both Mac and PC systems.
- Limited 3-year warranty to complement the typical warranty of a hard drive.