ICY DOCK Launches FLEX-FIT Duo MB343SPO Bracket
Bohs Hansen / 6 months ago
ICY DOCK launched the FLEX-FIT Duo MB343SPO bracket which allows you to install multiple devices into a single 5.25-inch drive bay. At the top, there’s space for an ultra slim optical disk drive (ODD) as well as a 3.5-inch device. Perfect for space constrained cases with just a single external drive bay.
Made for Space Saving
The FLEX-FIT Duo MB343SPO is a lightweight yet durable 3.5-inch to 5.25-inch mounting kit bracket that utilises a single standard external 5.25″ bay. It can accommodate both a 9.5mm Ultra-Slim ODD (optical disk drive) and a 3.5″ HDD, or another 3.5″ device. This would ultimately maximise your system space, allowing the user to fit more devices into a smaller space.
Simple Tool-less Installation
ICY DOCK made sure the MB343SPO bracket is as easy to use as it is practical. With its tool-less installation option, you only need to slide your 3.5-inch device into the unit until you hear a click. Optionally, you can secure the installed devices with screws on each side.
Included 6pin Slimline to 15pin SATA Power Cable
Most desktop systems don’t have a 6-pin slimline ODD power connector, and that could be an issue. So it doesn’t become one, ICY DOCK includes a 6 pin slimline to 15 pin SATA power cable.
Detachable Dust Covers
Your system is protected from dust, that is if you install external devices in both slots. For the case that you don’t plan to do so, or the 3.5-inch device is internal, ICY DOCK added dust covers for both parts. The dust covers can be snapped-off from the bracket for you to insert it into the front panel slot. This allows the exposed slots to be covered when not in use.
Since the 3.5” bay on FLEX-FIT Duo MB343SPO takes both 3.5” hard drives and 3.5” devices, there are many build options to choose from. For example, adding a ToughArmor MB993SK-B would give you a maximum of three hot-swappable 2.5” HDD/SSD bays. The FLEX-FIT Duo MB343SPO’s 3.5″ bay is also compatible with USB 3.0 hubs, multimedia card readers, fan speed controllers, and audio output ports that are in 3.5” device form factor.
- Durable one piece, lightweight construction
- Compatible with any standard 5.25” external drive bay
- Fits 1 x 3.5” device / hard drive and 1 x Ultra-Slim ODD
- Snap-off front panel dust covers for 3.5” bay and Ultra-Slim ODD Bay
- Advanced device guiding system for smooth device/drive installation
- Smart-Tip locking mechanism for screw-less 3.5” device installation
- Mounting screw holes for 3.5” HDD and Ultra-Slim ODD installation
- 6 pin Slimline to 15 pin SATA power cable included
- Compatible with any standard 3.5” HDD, 3.5” device, and Ultra-Slim ODD.