Iiyama G-MASTER GB2770SU 165Hz Gaming Monitor Review
Peter Donnell / 5 months ago
Iiyama is one of the biggest names when it comes to PC monitors, and I know I’ve had a few of their products over more years than I care to count. While they have a range that spans affordable office models to high-end gaming monitors, I’ve often found their strength was their affordability. While their new G-MASTER GB2770SU isn’t “cheap” it promises an impressive feature set for around £300 that’s sure to make it very appealing to gamers looking for something with a competitive edge, while still representing good value for money in terms of features and performance.
The panel is available in a few sizes and resolutions, but the one we have in for review right now is the 27″ 2560 x 1440 version. It features a flat panel, although a 1500R curvature model and HD models are also available. It has a fast 0.5ms response time and the latest FreeSync Premium technology for silky smooth gameplay. The VA panel has an impressive 165 Hz refresh rate too, meaning fast-paced action should look super clear, making it very appealing for competitive gaming.
- 0.5MS – Fast response time is key to ultra-smooth gaming. It reduces ghosting and blurring providing the user with an improved graphic performance.
- FREESYNC PREMIUM TECHNOLOGY – This monitor guarantees low input latency and low framerate compensation putting an end to any tearing or stuttering issues at virtually any framerate.
- VA PANEL TECHNOLOGY – Guaranteeing excellent contrast ratio making all the nuances between the light and dark colours clearly visible.
- BLACK TUNER – The users can adjust the brightness and the dark shades with the Black Tuner, giving greater viewing performance in shadowed areas and helping to spot the enemy earlier.
- PREDEFINED & CUSTOM GAMING MODES – Have it your way! Choose one of the predefined gaming modes (including FPS and strategy) or set and memorize your own settings.
What Iiyama Had to Say
“Get the competitive edge you need to unleash your full gaming potential with the 27’’ GB2770HSU offering 0.8ms MPRT and 165Hz refresh rate. Armed with FreeSync Premium you can make split second decisions and forget about ghosting effects or smearing issues. The ability to adjust brightness and the dark shades with the Black Tuner delivers greater viewing performance in shadowed areas and the IPS panel technology guarantees superb image quality. Thanks to the height adjustable stand you can easily adjust the screen position to your preferences to ensure comfort during marathon gaming sessions.” – Iiyama