Innodisk Introduces M.2 Module Network Adapters
Bohs Hansen / 4 years ago
You might know Innodisk as a storage and memory manufacturer, but that isn’t the only thing that this company creates. They also produce a lot of embedded solutions and modules and the newest in this range is also a world’s first: A new M.2 form factor Single and Dual Gigabit Ethernet Module that doesn’t require extra drivers.
The single port module is called the EGUL-G101 and the dual port module that supports port trunking and link aggregation is called the EGUL-G201. The modules are built-in a 22×60 (60mm long) form factor which could be an issue with some boards that only take 2280 modules, however, newer boards take 40, 60, and 80mm modules.
The EGUL modules use the USB 3.0 standard that provides up to 5Gb/s throughput, plenty for even the dual EGUL-201 that only needs 2Gb/s. Unlike PCI-express based network cards, the EGUL modules can be used on both Windows and Linux platforms without the need for extra drivers and provide flexible network expansion for all kinds of embedded systems.
The modules use an industrial grade design, suitable for use in commercial systems. The EGUL-G101 and EGUL-G201 are built with strong electrical isolation and 30 micro-inch gold interface connectors for a robust connection. The ethernet modules feature 15kV ESD, 2kV HiPot and 2kV surge protection, preventing electrical damage to the system and connected components from potential differences or dirty electrical conditions while also maintaining signal integrity.
There are multiple daughterboards available, allowing you to set the actual RJ45 ports where you need them and where your case or rack allows you to mount them.
The new EGUL-G101 and EGUL-G201 modules should be available now, meaning they will arrive at resellers very shortly. It is really nice to see some available options in the M.2 form factor that previously was known as the next-generation form factor (NGFF). For a next generation, there have been way too few options for too long.
- Single/Dual isolated GbE LAN ports
- Complies with EN61000-4-5 2kV Surge protection
- Complies with IEC 60950-1:2005 + A1: 2009 + A2:2013 2kV HiPOT protection
- Complies with EN61000-4-2 (ESD) Air-15kV, Contact-8kV
- Flexible daughter board with cable to fit into different system
- Optional terminal mounting hole or bracket for daughter board
- Support native CDC-ECM driver in Linux
- Support driver auto-install mode in Windows
- 30µ ” golden finger, 3 years warranty
- Industrial design, manufactured in Innodisk Taiwan