Intel’s Latest Arc Drivers (22.214.171.12493) Fix Incorrect Memory Speed Bugs!
Mike Sanders / 11 months ago
Do you own an Intel Arc graphics card? We daresay that for the vast majority of you the answer is probably no. And that’s not, incidentally, out of any kind of performance criticism as, for what they cost, the Arc A750 and A770 are certainly not bad GPUs by any stretch. – With the issues surrounding hardware support and drivers continuing, however, it’s hard to get overly enthusiastic about a graphics card series which clearly needs a bit more work put into it before all the launch kinks are resolved.
Presuming you do have an Arc in your system, however, then you’re going to want to check this out as following the release of its latest drivers (126.96.36.19993) Intel isn’t just bringing Game Ready support for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, but they’ve also resolved a known issue where GPU support programs would incorrectly read the memory/clock speed!
Intel Arc Driver Update (188.8.131.5293)
As part of the official update notes, Intel has confirmed the following Game Ready support and general bug fixes the driver provides:
Intel® Game On Driver support on Intel® Arc™ A-series Graphics for:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Resident Evil Village Gold Edition
- Victoria 3
- Some Intel® Arc™ A700-series Desktop Graphics products may exhibit lower than expected VRAM frequency values.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man (DX12) may exhibit scene corruption when Ambient Occlusion is disabled or set to HBAO+.
- Payday 2 (DX9) may exhibit texture corruption when aiming down sights.
- Resident Evil Village (DX12) may exhibit colour corruption within the Heisenberg Factory area.
- Age of Empire II & III: Definitive Edition (DX11) exhibits text corruption in the game menus.
- Topaz Video Enhance AI is exhibiting lower-than-expected performance with Intel® Arc™ A380 series
INTEL® ARC™ CONTROL FIXED ISSUES:
- Arc Control may fail to correctly update. A workaround is to uninstall Arc Control from Add or Remove programs before updating.
- Using Arc Control Studio Capture with “In-Stream” mode enabled may not correctly record the entire clip when under a 1080p resolution setting
Although we do not typically tend to include these, just to highlight any issues you may have with your Arc graphics card that this driver update doesn’t resolve, Intel has at least confirmed the following bugs which are both known and, all going well, should be addressed in the near future:
- Call of Duty: Vanguard (DX12) may experience lower-than-expected performance after applying changes to the graphics quality. A workaround is to restart the game after applying desired settings.
- Call of Duty: Vanguard (DX12) may experience missing or corrupted shadows during the Submarine mission.
- Forza Horizon 5 (DX12) may experience corruption lines when MSAA 2x is enabled
- Payday 2 (DX9) may exhibit flickering corruption on specific water surfaces.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man (DX12) may experience missing video playback on specific in-game displays.
- God of War (DX11) may experience lower-than-expected performance on the first launch within the main game menu.
- Genshin Impact (DX11) may exhibit spot corruption on some map surfaces such as snow.
- GPU hardware acceleration may not be available for media playback and encoding with some versions of Adobe Premiere Pro.
- GPU hardware acceleration is not available in Adobe Lightroom on Intel Arc™ A380 series graphic product.
- Blender may exhibit corruption while using the Nishita Sky texture node.
- Serif Affinity Photo crashes after opening the application for the first time.
INTEL® ARC™ CONTROL KNOWN ISSUES:
- Windows UAC Admin is required to install and launch Arc Control.
- Arc Control may not start automatically after reboot.
- Arc Control may not show up in Add or Remove programs list after the update.
- Arc Control may not scale automatically and may cause some UI toggles to become unresponsive when changing from a 1080p resolution to a 4K resolution. A workaround is to revert the resolution or reboot.
- Arc Control may incorrectly show Studio Capture as active when putting the system to sleep while recording
- Resetting Arc Control to application defaults may not reset global “Tearing Migration” modes to default
- Some applications may exhibit a transparent or blank window when CMAA is set to “Force ON” globally.
- Some applications may exhibit pixel corruption when Sharpening Filter is enabled globally.
- A 1440p resolution selection in Arc Control Studio Capture may be unavailable when the display’s native resolution is 4K.
- Arc Control Studio Camera overlay position may not retain desired position and size after a system restart.
- Some Arc Control Telemetry metrics may not align with 3rd party applications or built-in OS functions.
- The Arc Control Studio Camera tab may take longer than expected responsiveness upon the first navigation.
- Hot-plugging peripheral devices such as cameras, microphones, or displays, while Arc Control is open, may cause Arc Control to become unresponsive.
- Hot-plugging a secondary display with Arc Control invoked may cause Arc Control to be unresponsive.
- Hot-plugging a display with Arc Control Studio Capture audio device set to display audio may cause an error when attempting to capture or broadcast.
Where Can I Get My Update?
In terms of this new driver update, I actually really like Intel’s website as it doesn’t just give you the option to download the latest version, but it also provides you with exceptionally easy access to all prior releases as well (just in case the new release actually creates more problems for you than it solves).
If you do, therefore, want to check this out, you can visit their official Arc driver download website via the link here!
What do you think? – Let us know in the comments!