iPhone 5 Charging Accident Kills Chinese Stewardess




/ 8 years ago

iphone_5_ charger_issue

According to reports coming out of China the Apple iPhone 5 has electrocuted a 25 year old woman to death this weekend. Apparently Chinese woman Ma Ailun answered a call on her iphone while the handset was charging and was then electrocuted by it. She then died as a result of that incident which local police confirmed.

On Weibo Mai Ailun’s sister stated that “[I] hope that Apple can give us an explanation. I also hope that all of you will refrain from using your mobile devices while charging.”

Apple has publicly responded saying that it is now conducting its own investigation and is “deeply sorry for the unfortunate accident”. This isn’t the first time Apple devices have malfunctioned while charging and in the past certain iPhones such as the iPhone 4 have spontaneously combusted and even exploded in owners hands if you believe widespread media reports. That said, to say such an incident is common would be a total lie and it is incredibly rare. To limit it to Apple devices would also be unfair as it does happen with many other devices, it is just not reported with such publicity or frequency.

Image courtesy of appadvice.com


Topics: , , ,

Support eTeknix.com

By supporting eTeknix, you help us grow and continue to bring you the latest newsreviews, and competitions. Follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to keep up with the latest technology news, reviews and more. Share your favourite articles, chat with the team and more. Also check out eTeknix YouTube, where you'll find our latest video reviews, event coverage and features in 4K!

Looking for more exciting features on the latest technology? Check out our What We Know So Far section or our Fun Reads for some interesting original features.

eTeknix Facebook eTeknix Twitter eTeknix Instagram eTeknix Instagram

Check out our Latest Video

  • Be Social With eTeknix

    Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Reddit RSS Discord Patreon TikTok Twitch
  • Features


Send this to a friend
})