Kalypso Announces New 3rd-Person Multi-platform Game
Peter Donnell / 7 years ago
Kalypso Media and developers RealmForge, who were the creators of the award winning Dungeons, have unveiled there latest title “DARK”, a third-person stealth-action game due for release on Xbox 360 and the PC.
Dark puts players in the role of a vampire out to discover the secrets of the mysterious global GeoForge Corporation. By making the most of powerful vampire skills, stealth and lethal combat abilities, players will engage and destroy their enemies, while moving silently through a stylized futuristic cityscape. The treacherous techno universe of DARK is rendered in gorgeous cel-shaded graphics with gameplay that tests the players’ ability to master both stealth and combat.
- Stealth and action combine as players walk the world in darkness and silence, attacking their unsuspecting foes with supernatural fury
- Use powerful vampire abilities and hard-hitting melee attacks to defeat dangerous enemies — turn into a puff of smoke and disappear, or close with your foes in an instant!
- Powerful and intelligently controlled AI enemies mix the fantastic with the real-world. Battle police and elite special forces along with ghouls and other vampires
- Castles, museums, skyscrapers, nightclubs and more are rendered in stunning 3D cel-shaded graphics, beckoning the player to explore — but beware, powerful enemies hide everywhere
- RPG element mix with a compelling story – players will build up their skills through successful evasion and combat, while advancing the story through conversations with NPCs
I can’t help but think it all sounds too familar, but that is the case of many a title these days, lets just hope this one offers something unique and they get the gameplay mix just right to capture the dark sci-fi undertones just right. Dark is due for release early 2013.