Kensington Professional Trackball & Pro Fit Gesture Mouse Review
Peter Donnell / 4 years ago
It seems we can’t go a whole week here at eTeknix without reviewing some revolutionary, feature packed, gaming focused peripherals, but there’s a whole other world of hardware out there for the professional market, and that’s exactly what we’ll be taking a look at today. Kensington is well-known for their desktop and mobile solutions, and today we’ll be taking a look at the latest Kensington Expert Mouse, as well as the Kensington Pro Fit mouse.
The Pro Fit is a budget friendly solution, but while it looks like a standard desktop mouse, it comes with a little trick. Instead of the usual side navigation buttons, you’ll find a gesture button, allowing a unique control set, despite its less complex design. The Expert Mouse, on the other hand, is a trackball, something a lot of you likely don’t use, but when it come to music, video and image editing software suites, the trackball is still king for many users and we’re eager to see how it performs today.
Pro Fit Wired Windows Gesture Mouse
“With the latest Windows OS, users have a huge array of options when it comes to getting the most out of their device, combining touchscreen and keyboard like no other. The Pro Fit® Wired Windows® Gesture Mouse features a multi-function gesture button that lets you perform up to six specific actions with your thumb that typically are accomplished with a touchscreen finger swipe. The mouse has a high-definition 1800 DPI sensor that optically tracks your hand movements for precision control. With two buttons, a gesture button, and a scroll wheel, the mobile design is highly comfortable, and with Plug & Play installation you can get up and running quickly.” – Kensington
- Multi-function gesture button allows you to perform up to 6 Windows-specific tasks
- 1800 DPI optical sensor provides high-definition tracking for superior performance
- Mobile two-button, scroll wheel design, along with the gesture button, offers a comfortable user experience
- Plug & Play installation
Expert Mouse Wireless Trackball
“The Expert Mouse Wireless Trackball gives you the freedom to be hyper-productive without being limited by a USB cable. The trackball can be paired through Bluetooth® 4.0 LE to save a valuable USB port, or connected via USB nano receiver. TrackballWorks™ software offers incredible customization, and optical tracking technology offers smooth, precise cursor control. Plus, our award-winning Scroll Ring lets you quickly scan up and down web pages or long documents. Add it all up and you get exceptional comfort and ease-of-use from the brand that has set the industry standard in trackballs for more than 20 years.” – Kensington
- Wireless connection via Bluetooth® 4.0 LE or USB nano receiver
- TrackballWorks™ software lets you customize all 4 buttons, adjust cursor speed
- DiamondEye™ optical tracking technology for premium cursor control and accuracy
- Award-winning Scroll Ring lets you scan up and down pages with ease
- Large ball is designed as a perfect sphere to provide exceptional precision
- Detachable wrist rest supports hand and wrist for ergonomic comfort
- Ambidextrous design works equally well for both right-handed and left-handed users
- Auto-sleep helps conserve AA battery life
Both mice come packed in compact boxes, making them ideal for easy shipping and transportation, while also giving you a clear look at the products design.
As you can see, all the major features, requirements, and accessories are detailed on the box.