The Kickstarter Campaign for Infinity: Battlescape Is Live
Cernescu Andrei / 2 years ago
It looks like Star Citizen is not the only promising multiplayer space sim out there, as we have recently found out about a new Kickstarter campaign for a game called Infinity: Battlescape. This new space-sim will allow players to join one of three Starfold Confederacy corporations and battle it out in a true to scale solar system that includes plenty of planets, asteroid belts, moons and other highlights. Probably the best part about Infinity: Battlescape is that it allows players to fight in space as well as on the surface of planets thanks to a seamless planetary transition system. The main goal is to obliterate your opponent as well as his structures using small spacecraft such as corvettes, bombers and interceptions, which can be supported by capital ships and their orbital bombardments. Sounds pretty good, right?
“A match begins with each team being allocated some combination of space stations, planetary bases, factories, and AI controlled defense turrets. Each player will start with a moderate amount of credits with which they can buy ships and equipment. Every couple of minutes a factory spawns a cargo ship which will transfer raw materials to the nearest space station or planetary base for processing into credits. These credits are split evenly among the members of the team however if the cargo ship is destroyed its owners lose the credits. Players are able to donate credits to other members of their team so that they can pool resources.”
The developers are looking to raise $300,000 from the Kickstarter campaign, and they have already gathered $98,210 at the time of writing, which is promising as they still have plenty of time to receive the rest. Below you will find a video of Infinity: Battlescape, as well as a list of key features.
- Engage 100’s of players in epic space battles involving everything from small, nimble interceptors up to immense, powerful capital ships
- Seamless interplanetary warfare across a procedurally generated, true to scale solar system
- No loading screens! (except when the game first starts)
- Jaw dropping visuals allow you to experience alien worlds in a way you previously could only dream of
- Newtonian physics with different flight models for atmosphere and space
- Offline sandbox mode for exploring and trying out different ship/weapon combinations
- Windows PC
- Community oriented focus with support for modding