Kingston Announced a Pair of next-Generation Encrypted USB Flash Drives
Bohs Hansen / 3 years ago
Kingston announced a pair of next-generation encrypted USB Flash drives designed to safeguard valuable data. The DataTraveler 4000 Gen. 2 and DataTraveler 4000 Gen. 2 Management Ready protect sensitive information with hardware-based 256-bit AES encryption and titanium coated stainless steel casing.
DataTraveler 4000 Gen. 2 is FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified and provides a tamper-evident seal for physical security to detect and respond to attempts to access, use or modify the cryptographic module.
DataTraveler 4000 Gen. 2 Management Ready features the same security and features but offers the optional SafeConsole management from BlockMaster. SafeConsole gives the ability to remotely reset passwords, configure password and device policies and activate audit for compliance.
Both drives offer USB 3.0 data transfer rates and are available in 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities. They are backed by a five-year warranty and free technical support.
Features and Specifications:
- High-end FIPS Validated Security: 100-percent of stored data is protected by hardware-based, 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) in XTS mode
- Tamper-Evident seal: physical security to detect and respond to attempts at physical access, use or modification of the cryptographic module
- USB 3.0: latest USB standard guarantees backward compatibility with USB 2.0
- Read-Only Access Mode: when selected, access files in Read-only Mode to avoid potential Malware risks
- Enforced password protection: complex password is user-set with minimum characteristics to prevent unauthorized access
- Secure: drive locks down and reformats after 10 intrusion attempts
- Easy to use: no admin rights or application installation required
- Customizable: preload content, password length, maximum number of password attempts and internal/external serialization numbering
- Ruggedized: titanium-coated stainless steel casing
- Waterproof: protected against water damage
- TAA Compliant
4GB: 80MB/s read, 12MB/s write
8GB & 16GB: 165MB/s read, 22MB/s write
32GB: 250MB/s read, 40MB/s write
64GB: 250MB/s read, 85MB/s write
- Minimum System Requirements:
USB 2.0 compliant and 1.1 compatible
Two free drive letters required for use
Thanks to Kingston for providing us with this information