Kingston Launches FURY Renegade PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Mike Sanders / 2 years ago
Kingston has announced the launch of its FURY Renegade SSD, its next-generation PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 drive for gamers, enthusiasts, and high-power users. Kingston FURY Renegade SSD delivers cutting-edge performance in high capacities using the latest Gen 4×4 controller and 3D TLC NAND.
Kingston FURY Renegade PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
By maximizing the available bandwidth of PCIe 4.0, Kingston FURY Renegade SSD achieves speeds up to 7,300/7,000 MB/s read/write and up to 1,000,000 IOPS to deliver amazing consistency for an exceptional gaming experience. The drive is optimized to reduce game and application load times, stream and capture with ease and give your system an overall boost in responsiveness. Available in high capacities up to 4 TB, users can store an extensive library of their favorite games and media and still have space for the latest titles. In addition to formidable speeds and massive capacity options, Kingston FURY Renegade SSD combines a slim M.2 form factor and an advanced low profile, graphene aluminium heat spreader to keep your drive cool during intense usage and bring superior performance to the tightest of spaces in gaming PCs and laptops.
Features & Specifications
The Kingston FURY Renegade SSD is currently available in 500 GB, 1 TB, 2 TB and 4 TB capacities.
- Level up with PCIe 4.0 NVMe: Dominate with cutting-edge Gen 4×4 intense speeds up to 7,300/7,000 MB/s read/write and up to 1,000,000 IOPS performance.
- Maximize your motherboard:Powerful slim M.2 form factor to enhance your gaming rig and laptop.
- More space to play: Get all the latest titles and DLC available. Performance with high capacities up to 4 TB to store your favorite games and media.
- Low profile graphene aluminium heatspreader: Advanced thermal dissipation keeps your drive cool during intense usage. Brings higher performance to the tightest of spaces in gaming laptops and motherboards.
- Form Factor: M.2 2280
- Interface: PCIe 4.0 NVMe
- Capacities: 500 GB 1 TB, 2 TB, 4 TB
- Controller: Phison E18
- NAND: 3D TLC
- Sequential Read/Write:
- 500 GB – 7,300/3,900 MB/s
- 1 TB – 7,300/6,000 MB/s
- 2 TB – 7,300/7,000 MB/s
- 4 TB – 7,300/7,000 MB/s
- Random 4K Read/Write:
- 500 GB – up to 450,000/900,000 IOPS
- 1 TB – up to 900,000/1,000,000 IOPS
- 2 TB – up to 1,000,000/1,000,000 IOPS
- 4 TB – up to 1,000,000/1,000,000 IOPS
- Total Bytes Written (TBW):
- 500 GB – 500TBW
- 1 TB – 1.0PBW
- 2 TB – 2.0PBW
- 4 TB – 4.0PBW
- Power Consumption:
- 500 GB – 5 mW Idle / 0.34 W Avg / 2.7 W (MAX) Read / 4.1 W (MAX) Write
- 1 TB – 5 mW Idle / 0.33 W Avg / 2.8 W (MAX) Read / 6.3 W (MAX) Write
- 2 TB – 5 mW Idle / 0.36 W Avg / 2.8 W (MAX) Read / 9.9 W (MAX) Write
- 4 TB – 5 mW Idle / 0.36 W Avg / 2.7 W (MAX) Read / 10.2 W (MAX) Write
- Storage Temperature: -40°C~85°C
- Operating Temperature: 0°C~70°C
- 500 GB-1 TB – 80 mm x 22 mm x 2.21 mm
- 2 TB-4 TB – 80 mm x 22 mm x 3.5 mm
- 500 GB-1 TB- 7 g
- 2 TB-4 TB- 9.7 g
- Vibration Operating: 2.17G Peak (7-800 Hz)
- Vibration Non-operating: 20G Peak (20-1000 Hz)
- MTBF: 1,800,000 hours
- Warranty/Support: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support
Where Can I Learn More?
The Kingston FURY Renegade SSD is set to hit retailers imminently. Albeit, at least at the time of writing, we have not been able to confirm specific prices for any of the models available in this new series. – If you do, however, want to learn more, you can check out the official product website via the link here!
What do you think? – Let us know in the comments!