Kingston ships HyperX SSD’s
Simon Telford / 8 years ago
Kingston today announced that it is starting to ship the HyperX SSD, its first SATA III solid-state drive.
The Kingston HyperX SSD features the latest SandForce controller which has been designed for enthusiasts, gamers and performance users due to its rather quick read/write speeds.
Kingston is perhaps better known, firstly for its memory, and secondly as a manufacturer of mainstream SSDs – its popular 96GB V+100 retails for £95 (less than £1 per 1 GB) – but Kingston have now turned up the heat by releasing a premium SSD line called HyperX
Kingston HyperX SSD highlights include:
- 120GB and 240GB capacities. Ships as a standalone SSD (includes HyperX branded 2.5″ to 3.5″ desktop mounting plate); or as a bundle with the HyperX Upgrade Kit for easy installation (includes Acronis True Image HD migration software, desktop mounting plate, external drive bay, multi-head screwdriver, SATA data cable).
- Incredible sequential read/write throughputs of 555 / 510MB/s1.
- SandForce SF-2281 controller featuring SATA Rev 3.0 (6GB/s).
- Max 4KB random read/write of 95,000 / 70,000 IOPS2 (120GB).
- Premium Intel 25nm Compute NAND (5k P/E Cycles).
|Part number||Capacity and features|
|SH100S3/120G||120GB Stand-alone SSD|
|SH100S3/240G||240GB Stand-alone SSD|
|SH100S3B/120G||120GB HyperX Bundle Kit|
|SH100S3B/240G||240GB HyperX Bundle Kit|
You should be able to get your hand on these SSD’s within the next few days!