Kingston Upgrades Their SD Cards
Bohs Hansen / 3 years ago
Memory cards aren’t just memory cards and there can be a huge difference between them, just the same way that a USB device doesn’t have to be fast just cause it has a blue connector. Kingston is no stranger to good memory products and have just announced a double-up on two of their high-speed memory cards. The Class 10 UHS-I microSD is now available up to 128GB capacity while the Class 10 UHS-I SDHC/SDXC card will be available all the way up to 256GB.
The microSD card is perfect for apps, music, photos and videos that take up significant space on a smartphone or tablet and is compatible with microSDHC and microSDXC.
The increased size in the SDHC/SDXC cards will allow photographers to shoot even more full HD and 3D video without switching their cards or offloading the content to a 3rd device. The cards can perform up to 90MB/s while reading and 45MB/s while writing, a nice performance for the size. Over-the-counter default memory cards provide less than 10MB/s transfer rate, just as a comparison.
Class 10 UHS-I microSD cards are available in 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB capacities. Class 10 UHS-I SDHC/SDXC cards are available in 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB and 256GB capacities. Both types are backed by a lifetime warranty and free technical support.
Kingston Class 10 UHS-I microSDHC/SDXC Features and Specifications:
- Versatile: when combined with the adapter, can be used as a full-size SDHC/SDXC card
- Compliant: with SD Card Association specification
- Compatible: with microSDHC & microSDXC host devices; not compatible with standard microSD-enabled devices/readers;
- microSDXC cards are not compatible with microSDHC- enabled devices/readers
- Warranty/support: lifetime warranty, free technical support
- Capacities*: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB
- High-Speed Class Rating**: Class 10 UHS-I: 10MB/s minimum data transfer rate
- microSDHC/SDXC Card Dimensions: 11mm x 15mm x 1mm
- SD Adapter Dimensions: 24mm x 32mm x 2.1mm
- Operating Temperature: -25°C to 85°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to 85°C
Kingston Class 10 UHS-I SDHC/SDXC Features and Specifications:
- Performance: 300X up to 90MB/s read and 45MB/s write, Ultra High-Speed bus I (UHS-I)
- Versatile: Class 10 performance when used in a non-UHS-I capable device
- Compliant: with the SD Card Association specification
- Secure: built-in write-protect switch prevents accidental data loss
- Compatible: with SDHC & SDXC host devices; not compatible with standard SD-enabled devices/readers; SDXC cards are not compatible with SDHC-enabled
- File format: FAT32 (SDHC 16GB–32GB), exFAT (SDXC 64GB–256GB)
- Guaranteed: lifetime warranty, free technical support
- Capacities*: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB and 256GB
- Dimensions: 0.94″ x 1.26″ x 0.08″ (24mm x 32mm x 2.1mm)
- Operating Temperatures: 13°F to 185°F (-25°C to 85°C)
- Storage Temperatures: 40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
- Voltage: 3.3v
Thanks to Kingston for providing us with this information
Images courtesy of Kingston