Knights of The Old Republic II Now Supports Achievements on Steam
John Williamson / 4 years ago
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II is a masterpiece and one of the greatest role-playing games ever created. On launch, the game felt quite rushed and lacked a certain level of polish. Additionally, the abrupt ending left fans wanting more. Thankfully, the passionate fanbase helped restore some of the lost content and consistently improved KOTOR II to reach its full potential. While the first game is arguably better, I still have a soft spot for its sequel and anxiously wait for another entry in the series. Although, this doesn’t look likely.
Despite this, the developer Aspyr has released a mammoth update to KOTOR II which includes Steam achievements and technical fixes. It’s a testament to the PC gaming industry that fairly old games are periodically updated. Here’s a complete rundown of the patch notes:
– Added 20 user-generated achievements (see pinned thread for details)
– Fixed an issue with Pet Rock achievement not unlocking in TSLRCM
– Fixed a crash when adding more than five mods
– Fixed two issues tied to Mouse Look
– Fixed an issue with the controller menu appearing on top of dialog screens
– Fixed an issue with Kreia not disappearing properly on Korriban
– Fixed a shader issue causing NPC droid eyes to not be illuminated
– Fixed an issue with alternate dialog not appearing after multiple play-throughs
– Changed the behavior of the Light/Dark Side point achievements
– Fixed a crash connected to the M4-78 mod
– Fixed multiple issues with a spinning camera when certain third-party devices are connected
– Fixed multiple issues connected to DPI Scaling
– Fixed an issue with the screen being offset on high refresh-rate monitors
– Fixed an issue with sounds continuously repeating after moving away from the sound source
– Change to cloud-saves, automatically lower-casing files so they can be read on Linux
If you continue to experience any of the above fixes (or any issues for that matter) and you are on a supported hardware set, please contact us at support.aspyr.com so we can dig in.
If you’ve never played Knights of the Old Republic II before, now might be the perfect time to give it a go!