LG G6 Flagship Smartphone Launched Sporting 18:9 Display Ratio
Ron Perillo / 4 years ago
LG has abandoned the modular approach with their latest G6 flagship smartphone at the Mobile World Congress 2017, instead utilizing an IP68 rated water and dust resistant metal and glass construction. With no Samsung Galaxy smartphone on the floor, LG’s G6 was the talk of the town and grabbed attention with its 5.7″ 2560 x 1440 pixel QHD+ display.
Inside the LG G6 flagship smartphone is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 with 4GB of LPDDR4. Samsung currently has monopoly on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 so their competitors are outfitted with the next best thing instead. Aside from the display size upgrade from the LG G5, the LG G6 also features a larger battery of 3,300 mAh, which is better than both the LG V20 (3,200 mAh) and the LG G5 (3,000 mAh).
Although it is no longer modular, it’s internal storage, available in 32GB or 64GB varieties, can be expanded through microSD card support up to 2TB. Although the sleek new metal and glass design smacks of following Apple and Samsung, LG has not followed their lead entirely with the LG G6 design, retaining a headphone jack.
Some of the exclusive features on the LG G6 will be unfortunately limited to certain regions however. Korean models will get the Quad-DAC feature while the US versions will get the Wireless charging option. It will also have dual-sim capability in select European markets. Official availability launch day is March 10 and MSRP is US$796.85.
LG G6 Specifications:
- Screen: 5.7-inch QHD+ Full Vision 18:9 Display (2,560 x 1,440)
- Dimensions: 148.9mm x 71.9mm x 7.9mm
- Weight: 163g
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 821
- RAM: 4GB LPDDR4
- Storage: 32GB (base model) or 64GB
- Expandable: Yes, microSD card support (up to 2TB)
- Graphics: Vulkan API, Dolby Vision, HDR 10
- Cameras: 13MP rear-facing dual combo with f/1.8 (120-degrees), 5MP front-facing with f/2.2 (100-degrees)
- Software: Android 7.0 Nougat, LG UX 6.0, Google Assistant
- Sensors: Fingerprint scanner, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, GPS
- Water and dust resistance: IP68
- Battery: 3,300mAh capacity (non-removable)
- Charging: Quick Charge 3.0 (via USB Type-C)
- Colors: Mystic White, Astro Black, Ice Platinum
- Other notable specs: 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC (some variants), Bluetooth 4.2 BLE, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, NFC, LTE-A 3 Band CA, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, Wireless Charging (U.S. variant)