Linksys Launches Its First Docsis Cable Modem Wi-Fi Router
Bohs Hansen / 1 week ago
Linksys launches its first cable modem wi-fi router, the CG7500, which combines a cable modem with an AC1900 dual-band router in a single box. The 2-in-1 device features a traditional dual-band wireless router and a DOCSIS 3.0 24×8 modem.
Cable is the best internet connection you can get in a lot of areas, especially those who haven’t got fibre yet. But such a connection has the downside of you having two boxes on the wall, a modem and a router to share the connection with your home. Another downside to the traditional setup is that a lot of ISPs charge rental fees for their boxes. The new Linksys CG7500 can fix that with a single purchase.
Linksys’ CG7500 is certified for DOCSIS 1.1, 2.0, and 3.0 which makes it compatible with large service providers such as Spectrum and Xfinity where you easily pay up to $120 rental fees a year. The cable connector is the general default F-type female 75-ohm connector that most ISPs use. It has been built for internet plans up to 300 Mbps which it easily supports with its 24 download and 8 upload channels
Linksys had a lot of success with their previous AC1900 routers and we can safely assume that this new combination features the same quality. You get a dual-band wireless network router which can deliver up to 600Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and up to 1300Mbps on the 5GHz band.
The antennas dual-band, but internal. The CG7500 has three of them built in. That is sufficient for small apartments and medium households, but larger homes and house owners might need a range extender to reach every corner. The 3×3 AC offers three simultaneous data streams on each band.
Networking and Other Connections
There aren’t a lot of wired connections o this router, but there are a few. You’ll find the standard four Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports and there’s also a single USB 2.0 port.
Linksys CG7500 Feature Highlights
- Upgraded Wireless-AC Speeds: Wi-Fi speeds up to 1.9 Gbps
- Eliminate Rental Fees: Save up to $120 a year in rental fees by not having to rent a separate cable modem or modem router
- DOCSIS 3.0 24X8 Cable Modem for broadband packages up to 300 Mbps
- Optimise your existing cable broadband connectivity with 24 download and eight upload bonded channels
- Simple Plug-and-Play Setup: Get started right out of the box with no CD setup
- Compatible with all major cable providers
- Certified for DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Internet Standard
- Powerful Dual-Core processor for maximum performance
- Advanced Connectivity: Four Gigabit and one USB 2.0 port
Pricing and Availability
The Linksys AC1900 Dual Band Cable Modem Router (CG7500) is available immediately. The suggested retails price is $199.97.