Up until now, if you wanted to buy DLCs for Mass Effect 2 and 3 via EA’s Origin is through the purchase of Bioware points. Basically you have to buy a special currency which can only be spent on Bioware products. It is the equivalent of a store requiring customers to buy a gift card before being able to shop. Obviously, not all the points get used up since the prices of each DLC and add-on vary. It is also quite a rip off considering the cost and the left over.
Now it seems that EA is finally offering these add-ons in a single, separate bundle which users can buy with real money directly. It is also much more economical. Especially, considering it is the equivalent of buying about 2000 BioWare points. All while getting 10X the worth in value. Factoring in the age of these games, the prices for these DLC packs are still substantial. However, its better than the previous and only other option. Note that Bioware points is different from Andromeda points. The latter is for purchasing extra content for Mass Effect Andromeda exclusively. There is also Origin points which is the EA system’s point system for achievements. Moreover, all these different currencies do not have interchangeable values.
Mass Effect 2 DLC Bundle
The Digital Deluxe edition already includes the add-on packs. However, these are just the cosmetic changes and the bonus Cerberus network content. It does not include the Expansion DLCs. Users can buy this bundle by following this link on the Origin store page: https://www.origin.com/can/en-us/store/mass-effect/mass-effect-2/addon/mass-effect-2-dlc-bundle
- Kasumi – Stolen Memory
- Lair of the Shadow Broker
- Cerberus Network content
- Normandy Crash Site expansion
- Zaeed – The Price of Revenge expansion
- Firewalker Pack
- Cerberus Weapon and Armor pack – contains Cerberus Assault Armor and M-22 Eviscerator shotgun.
- Arc Projector heavy weapon
- Aegis Pack – contains the M-29 Incisor sniper rifle and the Kestrel armor.
- Equalizer Pack – contains the Capacitor Helmet, Archon Visor and Inferno Armor.
- Firepower Pack – contains the M-5 Phalanx heavy pistol, M-96 Mattock heavy rifle and Geth Plasma Shotgun.
- Alternate Appearance Pack 1 – contains new outfits for Garrus, Thane and Jack.
- Alternate Appearance Pack 2 – contains new outfits for Tali, Grunt and Miranda.
- Collectors’ Weapon and Armor pack – contains Collector Armor and the Collector Assault Rifle.
- Terminus Weapon and Armor pack – contains Terminus Assault Armor and the M-490 Blackstorm heavy weapon.
- Mass Effect 2 promo bundle – contains Umbra Visor, Sentry Interface and Recon Hood.
- Blood Dragon Armor
- Making of Documentary
- Mass Effect 2: Genesis digital comic
- Digital art book
Mass Effect 3 DLC Bundle
Like with Mass Effect 2, the Digital Deluxe version of this game already includes the cosmetic packs. However, it does not include the single and multi-player expansion add-ons. Users can buy this bundle by following this link on the Origin store page.
- Single-player expansions
- From Ashes
- Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut ending
- Multiplayer expansions
- Resurgence Pack
- N7 Collector’s Edition Pack: contains four new weapons, alternate outfits and a KEI-9 dog mech.
- N7 Warfare Gear: contains N7 Valkyrie and M-55 Argus assault rifles, and N7 Defender Armor.
- Firefight Pack : contains seven unique weapons for use in the single-player campaign.
- Groundside Resistance Pack: contains seven unique weapons for use in the single-player campaign.
- Alternate Appearance Pack: contains new outfits for Garrus, Liara, EDI and Shepard.
- Digital art book
- Mass Effect Genesis 2 digital comic
- Mass Effect Trilogy exclusive art