Modern Warfare 2’s First Major Update Looks to Address Crashing and QOL Issues!
Mike Sanders / 5 months ago
Overall, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 was released in a surprisingly solid condition. The only major issue the game had was a general tendency to crash and particularly so when part of a party. – Thankfully, this was partially solved in a small hotfix released last week, but with Modern Warfare 2’s first major update now released, it looks like Activision has attempted to address the vast majority of stability, optimisation, and overall performance bugs in one fell swoop!
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 – Week One Patch Notes!
The update patch has already been released and should automatically download itself the next time you go to play Modern Warfare 2. At a glance though, Activision/Infinity Ward has confirmed the overall changes/optimisations users can expect:
- We’ve addressed a number of crashes affecting players across all platforms including the bug that caused certain players partied up in-game to crash when matchmaking. Last night’s update should provide additional stability in terms of crashing. We will continue to monitor live issue reports and provide resolutions as soon as we are able.
- We have made general game improvements including:
- Fix for various camos not unlocking during progression.
- Fixed framerate drop issues.
- Addressed known freezing issues.
- Overall performance improvements.
- Added fixes for stuttering and lag issues.
- A recent NVIDIA hotfix addressed some critical issues. Please make sure you are running the game on driver 526.61 (Link here for those who don’t have it)
- The PC benchmark map has been updated with a more accurate reading of the FPS display.
- Be sure to follow our friends at Beenox for additional updates for MW2 on PC.
- We are actively collecting weapon performance/usage data and will provide detailed updates on weapon balancing with the launch of Season 01.
- Last week we disabled the attachment tuning feature due to an issue affecting players with 4 or more tuned attachments equipped at once. We re-enabled attachment tuning in last night’s update so players should not encounter further issues equipping attachments on a weapon.
- Enemy or live ping will remain disabled in multiplayer until a fix is implemented with the launch of Season 01. This is due to a bug where ping remained on some players after death. KBM players are currently still able to danger ping.
- The player icon on the minimap will no longer disappear after a player is revived in certain modes.
- We have added Breenbergh Hotel to Third Person Moshpit
- There are no significant map changes, but we have patched various exploits and geometry bugs in the days since launch. We’ll continue to address small fixes through daily updates.
- We continue to refine our UI and will have more details in the Season 01 launch notes.
In addition to changes that we have already made, we are also actively tracking live issues. Some of the known issues at present include:
- We are aware of the following issues and fixes are in the works
- Riot shield provides invincibility against chopper gunner and VTOL
- DDOS Field upgrade availability bug
- A bug affecting helicopter height, which allows them to leave the map in some instances
What Do We Think?
Overall, and as noted above, rather than adding anything particularly groundbreaking, it does appear that all going well, this week one patch should address the most notable of issues found within Modern Warfare 2. – If you do, however, wish to learn more about it, then you can check out the official blog post via the link here!
What do you think? – Let us know in the comments!