MSI & EK Team Up For Z590 Carbon EK X Combo
Peter Donnell / 2 months ago
The next-gen Intel Z590 motherboards are almost upon us, and both EK and MSI have joined forces to deliver something seriously cool. It’s an MSI Carbon series motherboard, equipped with a stunning EK-Quantum Monoblock heatsink. That means incredible cooling of the CPU, but also the VRM hardware for exceptional CPU overclocking performance.
The MPG Z590 Carbon EK X allows you to hook it up to your existing liquid cooling setup, or obviously, create a new one around it. Being liquid-cooled, you can get the best performance from your CPU with minimal noise. The setup comes with a built-in flow indicator and an EK-Leak Tester.
Of course, it’s not all about performance, as the aesthetics are a big part of this. It’s a gorgeous looking motherboard, and a gorgeous looking cooler. Put the two together, and it’s sure to be the star of any build you put it in.
- Supports 11th & 10th Gen Intel Core / Pentium Celeron processors for LGA 1200 socket.
- Native PCI-e gen 4.0 offers twice the bandwidth of PCI-e gen 3.0 and makes sure your GPU and storage run at maximum speed without bottlenecks.
- Enhanced Power Design: 16+1+1 Duet Rail Power System, dual 8-pin CPU power connectors, Core Boost, DDR4 Boost.
- MYSTIC LIGHT: 16.8 million colors / 29 effects controlled in one click. MYSTIC LIGHT EXTENSION supports both RGB and RAINBOW LED strip.
- M.2 Shield Frozr: Both M.2 slots with Shield Frozr are built for high-performance systems and a non-stop gaming experience.
- Lightning USB 20G: Built-in USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 port offers 20 Gb/s transmission speed, which is 4 times faster than USB 3.2 Gen 1.
- AUDIO BOOST 5: 8-channel (7.1) HD isolated audio with a high-quality audio processor for the most immersive audio experience.
- 2.5G LAN with LAN Manager and Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 Solution: Upgraded network solution for professional and multimedia use delivers a secure, stable, and fast network connection.
- Pre-installed I/O Shielding: Better EMI protection and more convenience for installation.
EK-Quantum MPG Z590 CARBON EK X D-RGB
A powerful 16+1+1 Duet Rail Power System provides stable power to the CPU with sixteen of the 75 A power stages supplying the CPU core and the other two the integrated GPU and System Agent. The massive power delivery system allows for high overclocks and, by proxy, a great boost in performance, for which the only downside is increased heat generation. This is where the EK monoblock kicks in – to cool down not just the CPU but the power delivery system as well.
The monoblock features an integrated flow indicator that will allow you to monitor your flow visually and adjust the pump speed if required. It will also let you know if the flow is hindered in any way.
An Offer You Cannot Refuse
In one box, you get a high-end gaming motherboard, a monoblock cooling solution, an EK Leak Tester (otherwise retailing for $39.99), and a coupon for the EK webshop with a value of 50€/$65! The cooling solution is engineered specifically for the MPG Z590 CARBON EK X and takes out all the guesswork from finding the right monoblock for your motherboard. The included Leak Tester will ensure you make no mistakes during the assembly of the cooling loop, even if you’ve never dealt with custom loop liquid cooling before!
Price and Availability
The EK-Quantum MPG Z590 Carbon EK X motherboard will be available for pre-order on February 22, 2021, at 499.99 USD (MSRP). It will be available through the EK Webshop and MSI’s worldwide retailer network.