MSI & EKWB Announces AMD X570S MPG Carbon EK X Motherboard
Mike Sanders / 10 months ago
EK Water Blocks (EKWB) and MSI have partnered up yet again, to launch an X570S-based motherboard that comes with a pre-installed Quantum design monoblock that offers unparalleled cooling for the VRM section and AMD Ryzen series CPUs. MSI’s world-class engineering team and EK’s industry-leading thermal engineers worked together to apply EK’s technology and know-how to bring you the coolest AMD gaming motherboard. The EK-Quantum MSI MPG X570S CARBON EK X is a response to the market’s desire for an out-of-the-box water-cooled motherboard for Ryzen CPUs. It allows maximum performance without the noisy environment that air coolers offer, providing countless hours of uninterrupted gameplay. As an added benefit, it looks as great as it performs.
MSI & EKWB X570S MPG Carbon EK X Motherboard
The EK-Quantum monoblock design aesthetically blends in with the motherboard, giving it a unique look that sets it apart from the rest. The sleek, stealthy look accompanied by the carbon fibre pattern is there to remind all hard-core gamers that pushing the limit is what gaming is all about. A powerful 14+2 Duet Rail Power System with 75A power stages provides stable power to the Ryzen CPU. The massive power delivery system allows for high overclocks and, by proxy, a great boost in performance. The only downside is increased heat generation. This is where the EK monoblock with an integrated flow indicator kicks in – to cool down not just the CPU, but the power delivery system as well.
In one box, you get a high-end gaming motherboard, a monoblock cooling solution, and a free EK-Leak Tester (otherwise retailing for $39.99). The cooling solution is tailor-made for the EK-Quantum MSI MPG X570S CARBON only – this bundle takes out all the guesswork from finding the right monoblock for your motherboard. The Leak Tester is included to ensure there are no mistakes made during the assembly of the cooling loop – even if you’ve never dealt with custom loop liquid cooling before! After all, the MSI MPG X570S CARBON EK X was born from community support that specifically requested an AMD-based CARBON EK X motherboard.
The base of the monoblock is made of nickel-plated electrolytic copper, while the top is made of quality CNC-machined cast acrylic glass material, partially covered with a carbon fibre style pattern. The nickel-plated brass screw-in standoffs are pre-installed and allow for easy installation.
A premium black anodized aluminium piece covers the lighting solution, removing any unwanted hotspots and providing a more uniform lighting experience. The block is equipped with a 3-pin 5V addressable D-RGB LED strip that is compatible with the motherboard’s 3-pin 5V addressable D-RGB LED header. The arrow marking on the 3-pin LED connector is to be aligned with the +5V marking on the addressable D-RGB header.
All EK-Quantum MSI MPG X570S CARBON EK X owners are entitled to the premium service EK provides for all its customers worldwide. If you have any questions, problems, or want to get in touch, reach out to us through our dedicated support channel. Even if you are new to custom loop liquid cooling, our kind customer support staff will gladly help with your initial steps if there are any uncertainties.
- Supports AMD Ryzen 5000 series, 5000 G-Series, 4000 G-Series, 3000 Series, 3000 G-Series, 2000 Series, and 2000 G-Series desktop CPUs.
- Supports DDR4 Memory, 5300+ (OC) MHz.
- Ready 4 the Future: Supports Lightning Gen 4 PCIe and M.2 solutions with up to 64GB/s bandwidth.
- Enhanced Power Design: 14+2 Duet Rail Power System, 8+4 pin CPU power connectors, Core Boost, DDR4 Boost.
- MYSTIC LIGHT: 16.8 million colors / 29 effects controlled in one click. MYSTIC LIGHT EXTENSION supports both the RGB and RAINBOW LED strip.
- M.2 Shield Frozr: Both M.2 slots with Shield Frozr built for high-performance system and non-stop gaming experience.
- AUDIO BOOST 5: Isolated audio with a high-quality audio processor & amp for the most immersive gaming experience.
- 2.5G LAN with LAN Manager, BlueTooth 5.2, and Intel Wi-Fi 6E Solution: Upgraded network solution for professional and multimedia use; delivers a secure, stable, and fast network connection.
- USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C: Powered by AMD USB 3.2 Gen2 controller, all USB Type-C ports can run up to 10Gbps at the same time.
- Pre-installed I/O Shielding: Better EMI protection and more convenience for installation.
- Included EK-Leak Tester
Price & Availability
While other liquid-cooled AM4 motherboards will ravage your wallet, this motherboard, monoblock, and leak tester combo solution start at a reasonable €549.90. The EK-Quantum MSI MPG X570S CARBON EK X motherboard is available for pre-order through the EK Webshop and worldwide retailers. It is estimated to ship out on September 6th, 2021.
For more information, you can check out the official EKWB website via the link here!
What do you think? – Let us know in the comments!