MSI MPG B550I Gaming Edge WIFI Motherboard Review
Ben Enos / 1 month ago
B550 motherboards are still a great option for those looking to upgrade to a new Ryzen CPU. Not only do they have a lot of the features found on the X570 chipset, but they also support the 5000 range of Ryzen CPUs, meaning you can still have one of the latest CPUs. However, it has been almost a year since AMD brought out their B550 chipset and almost two years since X570. Could this mean a new CPU range and chipset is on the horizon? While we don’t have any information on this, one could speculate and say it has been long enough, and the time must be coming soon.
MSI MPG B550I Gaming Edge WIFI
As the name suggests, the MPG B550I GAMING EDGE WIFI is an ITX board that will use the latest AMD CPUs. However, it is worth noting that users looking to use the latest 5000 series CPUs from AMD will likely need to update their BIOS before using this motherboard. Updating the BIOS on this board is quite easy, thanks to the Flash BIOS Button on the rear IO. Aside from this, once you get this board up and running, you will be able to use features such as PCIe Gen 4, WiFi 6 and much more.
- Support for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Processors and future AMD Ryzen™ processors with BIOS update
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 4600(OC) MHz
- Lightning Fast Game experience: PCIe 4.0, Lightning Gen 4 x4 M.2, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps and Front USB Type-C connector
- Enhanced Power Design: 8+2+1 Digital Power Design with Dr.MOS 60A, Core Boost, DDR4 Boost
- Premium Thermal Solution: Extended Heatsink Design, M.2 Shield Frozr and 8 layer PCB with 2oz Thickened Copper are built for high performance system and non-stop gaming experience
- 2.5G LAN with LAN Manager and Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX Solution: Upgraded network solution for professional and multimedia use. Delivers a secure, stable and fast network connection
- HDMI 2.1: Support 4K display with up to 4096×2160@60Hz
- Pre-installed I/O Shielding: Better EMI protection and more convenience for installation
- Audio Boost: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality
For in-depth specifications, please visit the official Manufacturer Motherboard product page here.
MSI has included a few things inside the box. Along with our normal users manual and driver disk, we also have a pair of SATA cables, a case badge and our WIFI antennas. It does seem as of late that companies are really cutting down on the number of accessories they include with products. It’s not only motherboards; even Graphics Cards don’t come with as many accessories as they used to, when you can find them, that is.