MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Carbon WiFi Motherboard Review
Ben Enos / 10 months ago
Here we go again, another Z590 motherboard review on Intel’s 11th Gen CPU launch day! This time, we are looking at the MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Carbon WIFI. MSI is a world-renowned motherboard manufacturer and as of late, has been updating its catalogue. They now manufacturer everything from motherboards, graphics cards, peripherals to monitors and cases. I’ve got to say, I am looking forward to seeing how this board stacks up against similar ones from the new Z590 chipset.
MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Carbon WiFi Motherboard
As we are starting to see, the Z590 and 11th Gen combination are offering some great performance over their predecessors. The Gaming Carbon WIFI, when paired with an 11th Gen CPU from Intel is going to offer us those much waited for upgrades such as PCIe 4.0 and WiFi 6e. On top of this, it can handle up to 128GB of RAM, has a whole host of USB ports and can even make use of HDMI 2.0.
- 128gb ram
- wifi 6e
- 3x PCIe x16 slots
- x16/x0/x4, x8/x8/x4, x8/x4+x4/x4
- PCI_E1 & PCI_E3 4.0 support
- PCI_E5 slot 3.0
- 2x PCIe 3.0 x1 slots
- hdmi (2.0 with 11th gen)
- dp 1.4
- 6x sata 6gbs
- 3x m.2
- M2_1 slot pcie 4.0
- M2_2 & M2_3 3.0 x4
- SATA2 will be unavailable when installing M.2 SATA SSD in the M2_2 slot.
- SATA5 & SATA6 will be unavailable when installing M.2 SATA/PCIe SSD in the M2_3 slot.
- 2.5gb ethernet
- Bluetooth 5.2
- 1x USB3.2 Gen2x2 20Gbps port (Type-C port on the back panel)
- 4x USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps ports (3 Type-A port on the back panel, 1 Type-C available through the internal connector)
- 4x USB 3.2 Gen 1 5Gbps ports (2 Type-A ports on the back panel, 2 Type-A ports available through the internal connector)
- 8x USB 2.0 ports (4 Type-A ports on the back panel, 4 Type-A ports available through internal connectors)
- optical S/PDIF Out
- flash bios button
For in-depth specifications, please visit the official Manufacturer Motherboard product page here.
MSI has included a good range of manuals and accessories with this motherboard. Inside the box, you will find some cable management stickers, a USB drive, and brush that looks like a USB drive, the WIFI antenna and some SATA cables among other things.