MSI Oculux NXG253R eSports Gaming Monitor Review
Peter Donnell / 1 year ago
Typically, when I review a monitor, the bigger they are, the more expensive they are. However, today that system gets flipped on its head, as this is one of the smallest monitors I’ve reviewed, yet it’s certainly one of the most expensive. The MSI Oculux NXG253R is designed for eSports, meaning it’s crammed with all the latest gamer-focused features. Of course, you don’t have to be an eSports pro to enjoy it, as it’s sure to appeal to the enthusiast gamer market too. For me, I’m tempted to tell MSI it went missing and install it in my arcade machine… so if they ask you if you’ve seen it, you heard nothing from me!
When I say this monitor is expensive, I’m not joking, it’s around £700-750 right now, and while that’s not uncommon for a high-end monitor, it does seem a lot for a 24.5″ panel. Alas, the numbers add up quickly when you see that it is an insanely fast 360Hz refresh rate panel, the fastest money can buy! That also includes Rapid IPS, Nvidia G-Sync, ULMB and Reflex, to ensure that speed and clarity are number one. However, with an IPS panel, Wide Colour Gamut, HDR, and 400-nits brightness, things should look pretty great too. Sure, it may only be a 1920×1080 panel, but if my own experience of high-refresh-rate monitors has taught me anything, the increased frame rate offers a level of clarity beyond what a simple pixel count can ever deliver; particularly in faster moving scenes.
- NVIDIA G-SYNC – Prevent screen tearing or stuttering, producing ultra-smooth lag-free gameplay.
- Rapid IPS – Provides 1ms GTG fast response time, optimizes screen colors and brightness.
- 360Hz Extremely High Refresh Rate – Respond faster with smoother frames.
- 1ms GTG Response Time – Eliminate screen tearing and choppy frame rates.
- NVIDIA Reflex Latency Analyzer – Give an accurate measurement of system latency.
- ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur) – Silky-smooth and crystal-clear moving objects.
- Adjustable Stand – Easily change the position of the monitor for maximum ergonomics.
- Wide Color Gamut – Game colors and details will look more realistic and refined.
- Frameless Design – Enjoy the ultimate gaming experience with super narrow bezels.
- Anti-Flicker and Less Blue Light – Game even longer and prevent eye strain and fatigue.
- 178° Wide Viewing Angle – Colors and details will stay sharp at more angles with a 178° wide viewing angle.
What MSI Had to Say
“Play at the peak of performance with the MSI Oculux NXG253R esports gaming G-SYNC monitor. Equipped with 24.5″, 1080p, 360hz refresh rate and 1ms GTG response time Rapid IPS panel, the Oculux gaming monitors will enhance your competitive gameplay to ensure you are at your best levels when trying to clutch. Enjoy extremely smooth, tear-free gameplay with built-in NVIDIA GSYNC technology when paired with a compatible NVIDIA graphics card.” – MSI